Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Reds Injury Updates

Re: 2024 Reds Injury Updates

Pagan placed on IL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    5 starters out. 2 of them your highest WAR players from last year out totally and other out most of the time. That’s pretty extraordinary especially in combination with the other 3 starters missing time. Quit being an insufferable Richard. More than half the starters are out. 2 have not played at all, one has barely played, one was likely playing hurt when he did. The team had depth, but everything has a threshold before it’s not enough. They had enough to replace 2 maybe 3 starters, which is really good depth. But 5…especially when 2 are your likely highest WAR players. That’s hard to overcome. You realize this…anyone with a functional brain should…but would never admit to it in a post or play all or nothing games instead of looking at reasonable thresholds that depth could overcome.
    The Phils are in the exact same boat. Look at their W/L.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Look at their payroll too

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Look at their payroll too
    Kind of my point. When you pay for talent, you survive the storm. When you count on platoon guys to turn into everyday players, well...
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

7. Likes:

REDREAD (05-24-2024),Redsfaithful (05-23-2024)

How are the Phils in the same boat as the Reds in regard to injuries?

The Reds top 2 in WAR from last season have played a grand total of 6 games. That seems a bit different than Turner's 17 missed, Realmuto's 10 and Harper & Stott's 5.
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

9. Likes:

757690 (05-23-2024),dragonoffrost (05-23-2024),Old school 1983 (05-23-2024)

Kind of my point. When you pay for talent, you survive the storm. When you count on platoon guys to turn into everyday players, well...
    Well they do have Bryce Harper so yeah that is nice, the Phillies are 14-3 since their $300 million shortstop, Trea Turner, injured his hamstring. Their shortstops have hit .283/.412/.472 in those 17 games. Most of that has been Edmundo Sosa, who is hitting .293/.397/.517, career (prior to 24) he was at .252/.311/.396, right now he has a .417 BABIP. The Reds need luck like that too when it comes to injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    How are the Phils in the same boat as the Reds in regard to injuries?

The Reds top 2 in WAR from last season have played a grand total of 6 games. That seems a bit different than Turner's 17 missed, Realmuto's 10 and Harper & Stott's 5.
    Who on the Reds roster are the Reds missing on a par with Realmuto, Harper, Stott, and Turner? McLain. That's it. He's the only player who could realistically hang with the players from the Phils. The point is, the Reds have injuries, but what are they *actually* missing?

CES? Hardly. Fraley? No. And don't even get me started on Lodolo because Punxatawney Phil can predict his IL visits.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (05-24-2024)

Brett Kennedy recalled. Bubba Thompson DFAd.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Who on the Reds roster are the Reds missing on a par with Realmuto, Harper, Stott, and Turner? McLain. That's it. He's the only player who could realistically hang with the players from the Phils. The point is, the Reds have injuries, but what are they *actually* missing?

CES? Hardly. Fraley? No. And don't even get me started on Lodolo because Punxatawney Phil can predict his IL visits.
    I really hope they’re at least planning on shopping Lodolo the minute they decide to officially bury this rotting carcass of a season and sell.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

15. Likes:

Falls City Beer (05-23-2024),REDREAD (05-24-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Brett Kennedy recalled. Bubba Thompson DFAd.
    Kennedy is probably a stop-gap for a few days. Lodolo will then likely replace him. Martinez back to pen.

17. Likes:

Marc D (05-23-2024),Old school 1983 (05-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I really hope they’re at least planning on shopping Lodolo the minute they decide to officially bury this rotting carcass of a season and sell.
    I don’t see him selling high, as all the other teams see what we are seeing. I say Bullpen and maybe closer is his future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

So, in other words, the Reds are in nowhere near the same boat as the Phils in regard to injuries

20. Likes:

757690 (05-23-2024)

Friedl

I mean, the Reds are missing their entire starting infield other than Elly and 2 out 3 OFs. Rip on those players as much as you want, but to pretend they should be fine while dealing with that is just silly.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 05-23-2024 at 01:18 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

22. Likes:

757690 (05-23-2024),NebraskaRed (05-23-2024),Old school 1983 (05-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    So, in other words, the Reds are in nowhere near the same boat as the Phils in regard to injuries
    They absolutely are. They lost blockbuster players. The Reds? None other than McLain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Friedl

I mean, the Reds are missing their entire starting infield other than Elly and 2 out 3 OFs. Rip on those players as much as you want, but to pretend they should be fine while dealing with that is just silly.
    Come on, Friedl is a huge question mark. We have no idea what he's capable of producing year in and year out. That's the problem with this organization. They see a guy have a good 400 ABs and immediately think he's an everyday player.

24. Likes:

Mitri (05-24-2024),REDREAD (05-24-2024)

They absolutely are. They lost blockbuster players. The Reds? None other than McLain.
    I agree with your broader point that the Phillies are far more talented than the Reds but I just fundamentally disagree that missing your best player for 60 games to open the season is equivalent to a combined 37 games across 4 players

Turn Off Ads?