Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Reds Injury Updates

Re: 2024 Reds Injury Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The point is, the Reds have injuries, but what are they *actually* missing?
    This is some serious gaslighting.

Reds have missed considerable time from their preseason projected #1, 2 and 6 starters, and their projected 4, 7, 8, 9 and 10 guys in the pen, with projected #2 in pen going to the IR today.

Reds have missed considerable time from their projected starting C (though no IR), 1B, 2B, 3B, RF and CF, who also were the projected #1, #2, #4, #6, #7 and #9 hitters. (Counting Steer as mostly healthy.)

No team will succeed without the top of their rotation or 2/3 of their lineup.

Criticize the Pagan and Candy signings all you want, but that is some serious bad joss.

2. Likes:

membengal (05-24-2024),NebraskaRed (05-23-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LiferJim View Post
    Since he’s been out several days now, could they back date the injury and only lose him for about a week from today? Not sure how that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think they pinch ran him in yesterday's game. Of course, you made this post before the game, so I'm not saying you are wrong.
    At least they got some use out of him.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Well they do have Bryce Harper so yeah that is nice, the Phillies are 14-3 since their $300 million shortstop, Trea Turner, injured his hamstring. Their shortstops have hit .283/.412/.472 in those 17 games. Most of that has been Edmundo Sosa, who is hitting .293/.397/.517, career (prior to 24) he was at .252/.311/.396, right now he has a .417 BABIP. The Reds need luck like that too when it comes to injuries.
    What's that expression? "Luck is the residue of good planning?"
    Krall had money to spend, both at last years deadline and this past winter. He did not spend it wisely.
    Other than Montas (who is fine), pretty much all his moves have been bad since last July.
    The big trade deadline acquision last year (Moll) .. Well, the front office thinks so little of him, he was demoted this year.

I mean, really.. the plan was for India to be the supersub.. A guy that really doesn't play any position well , has a chronic injury and has not hit well for 2 years.. The plan (if everyone was healthy) was for him to be the RH OF.. How does that make any sense? If a team makes dumb decisions like that, you can't blame the results on bad luck.

Yea, the Phils are fortunate that their backup SS is hitting well, but they also had enough talent in the lineup to weather a major injury.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Brett Kennedy recalled. Bubba Thompson DFAd.
    Honestly, I'd probably rather have Bubba than Ford at this point.
    Not crying over his loss, but since Bell loves to pinch run, Bubba was probably more useful than Ford.
    Bubba on the bench, move India to 1b or DH, let Espanol play 2b.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I really hope they’re at least planning on shopping Lodolo the minute they decide to officially bury this rotting carcass of a season and sell.
    Either that or move Lodollo to the bullpen (if they think it will keep him healthier, but maybe it wouldn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The Phils are in the exact same boat. Look at their W/L.
    The Reds have won the season series against the Phillies 4-3.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I mean, really.. the plan was for India to be the supersub.. A guy that really doesn't play any position well , has a chronic injury and has not hit well for 2 years.. The plan (if everyone was healthy) was for him to be the RH OF.. How does that make any sense? If a team makes dumb decisions like that, you can't blame the results on bad luck.
    What is India's chronic injury?
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    So you’re saying any team can get lucky in a small series?

Too bad the Reds didn’t think that last year.

I wonder what year will be the next good year to go for it.

Surely isn’t this one.

10. Likes:

LiferJim (05-24-2024),REDREAD (05-29-2024)

Maybe it’s the old grumpy man in me, but I am pretty much done with the injury excuse for any sports team I follow.

We see teams overcome injuries to make playoff runs every year. Good teams build rosters with depth, healthier players or some combination of both.

The Reds are not one of these teams.

12. Likes:

Falls City Beer (05-24-2024),Powder River (05-24-2024),REDREAD (05-29-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    So you’re saying any team can get lucky in a small series?

Too bad the Reds didn’t think that last year.

I wonder what year will be the next good year to go for it.

Surely isn’t this one.
    Nope. That’s what you’re saying.

I’m saying the Reds were healthier earlier in the season when they played the Phillies, who were not as healthy as they are now. Which reveals how inaccurate FCB’s claim is that the Phillies handled their injuries better than the Reds.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    We see teams overcome injuries to make playoff runs every year. Good teams build rosters with depth, healthier players or some combination of both.
    Surprised you are saying this as a knicks fan. They showed this year that injuries take a toll at the end of the day. They would be playing the Celtics right now if it wasnt for all the injuries.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Maybe it’s the old grumpy man in me, but I am pretty much done with the injury excuse for any sports team I follow.

The Reds are not one of these teams.
    I certainly am not speaking for everyone but I'm not giving the Reds a pass all season because of injuries. They are 50 games in and are 20-30 hitting about as bad as you possibly can. If they have a 58% win percentage the rest of the way (65-47), that will put them squarely in the playoff picture.
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Surprised you are saying this as a knicks fan. They showed this year that injuries take a toll at the end of the day. They would be playing the Celtics right now if it wasnt for all the injuries.
    It happens. The thing I am most proud of is that they never use the injuries as an excuse. The Pacers had Mathurin out and Halliburton limited by injuries. Not equivalent to the Knicks, but my point is, all teams deal with it.

The Knicks went into this season knowing Robinson is an injury waiting to happen. Randle finds himself injured every year now. Some of it is bad luck but there are players that seem to battle with it more. Building a team with guys who get injured and then complaining about the injuries is the thing I can’t stand anymore (see NY Yankees).

17. Likes:

REDREAD (05-29-2024),Revering4Blue (05-24-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I certainly am not speaking for everyone but I'm not giving the Reds a pass all season because of injuries. They are 50 games in and are 20-30 hitting about as bad as you possibly can. If they have a 58% win percentage the rest of the way (65-47), that will put them squarely in the playoff picture.
    A .580 win percentage moving forward?

Good luck with that I guess.

19. Likes:

Falls City Beer (05-24-2024),Mitri (05-24-2024),Powder River (05-24-2024),REDREAD (05-29-2024),Revering4Blue (05-24-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

21. Likes:

JCM11 (05-24-2024),Mitri (05-24-2024),Revering4Blue (05-24-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    What is India's chronic injury?
    Bad hair.

23. Likes:

texasdave (05-24-2024),westofyou (05-24-2024)

Turn Off Ads?