Turn Off Ads?

Thread: TJ Friedl

TJ Friedl

TJ Friedl

For the first time in his career, Cincinnati Reds center fielder TJ Friedl isn’t competing for a spot on the big league roster.

While the 2024 Reds plan to rotate 11 players through nine positions and mix-and-match their lineups, the plan is for Friedl to be the constant as an every day player in center field.

Last year, Friedl hit .279 and was one of the best two-way center fielders in baseball.

Read More:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...er/ar-BB1jhbeP

2. Likes:

BlackPete Ibold (03-04-2024),HokieRed (03-04-2024),ochoa30 (03-04-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: TJ Friedl

I like TJ a lot wish Elly would pattern his game more like him. I know the Reds will not encourage that approach.

He is rock solid. We don't talk enough about him.

6. Likes:

GAC (03-06-2024),jrdunnit (03-08-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    He is rock solid. We don't talk enough about him.
    He reminds me of Brett butler

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    He reminds me of Brett butler
    It seemed like Brett took the piss out of the Reds everytime he faced us. Wasn't he a master at bunting for hits?
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

9. Likes:

Chip R (03-05-2024),GAC (03-06-2024)

'Very vocal' Friedl intends to make more noise in '24

TJ Friedl’s 2023 campaign was the breakout that both he and the Reds were hoping for. He was a vital piece to the club and its rise to contention.

But as good as the Reds’ center fielder was last season, his “never satisfied” approach to this spring is pushing him to be even better. Friedl is dedicated to refining himself in 2024 while trusting his approach.

“I’m going to continue to build off last year and stick to that same approach, same stance, same everything,” Friedl said. “Didn’t really change much.”

Last spring, Friedl was not only vying for a spot on Cincinnati's Opening Day roster, but to stick in the big leagues after struggling to do so in his first two seasons. This spring, it’s about working to take the next step in all facets of his game.

In addition to his contact-first approach, Friedl also posted a career-high .467 slugging percentage and 18 home runs, with a large amount of his success coming against left-handed pitching. In 110 plate appearances against lefties, Friedl held a sterling .963 OPS.

Full Story Here:
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/tj-fri...3-breakthrough

TJ Friedl steals home in first inning

Watch:
    https://www.mlb.com/video/tj-friedl-...e-first-inning

Turn sound on

12. Likes:

HokieRed (03-10-2024),NebraskaRed (03-10-2024),ochoa30 (03-11-2024),RED VAN HOT (03-10-2024)

If Steer had been out at 2B, would Friedl still have been credited with a steal?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    If Steer had been out at 2B, would Friedl still have been credited with a steal?
    I think it would be a fielders choice. No steal.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (03-10-2024)

Turn Off Ads?