Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many games do you think the Reds will win this season?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 98 or More (Over .600 W%)

2 1.39%
  • 95-97

2 1.39%
  • 92-94

13 9.03%
  • 89-91

21 14.58%
  • 86-88

45 31.25%
  • 83-85

28 19.44%
  • 80-82 (.500 W%)

19 13.19%
  • 77-79

9 6.25%
  • 74-76

3 2.08%
  • 71-73

0 0%
  • 68-70

0 0%
  • 65-67

0 0%
  • 64 or Less (Under .400 W%)

2 1.39%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Make Your 2024 Cincinnati Reds' Win Total Prediction

Make Your 2024 Cincinnati Reds' Win Total Prediction

Opening Day is Thursday, March 28th.

Make your selection and if you have the cojónes to back it up - please post your figure and reasoning in the comments section!!!

This poll will lock in 4 weeks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Make Your 2024 Cincinnati Reds' Win Total Prediction

My choice currently has 100% of the vote.

I was thinking 85, but the loss of Marte has me lowering my expectations to around 82. The line-up looks fairly weak against LHP and almost every player is a question mark. I'm optimistic about a lot of them, but I know a few will fail and leave some holes.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5. Likes:

REDREAD (03-09-2024)

I’ll be optimistic this season and go with 87 wins.

This is based on a view that Reds can knock close to 100 runs off the RA total. And that view is informed by the starting pitching depth, which is the best I can remember in quite awhile.

87 wins is a five game improvement, 10 games if you use the pythag W-L. I think Reds can achieve that if the run prevention improves as I anticipate.

I went with 84. We were a 77 win team by RS/RA last year. I think we're closer to 86 this year, but with slightly poor luck instead of good luck.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

8. Likes:

RiverRat13 (03-09-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I was thinking 85, but the loss of Marte has me lowering my expectations to around 82. The line-up looks fairly weak against LHP and almost every player is a question mark. I'm optimistic about a lot of them, but I know a few will fail and leave some holes.
    I agree. Once the news broke about Marte, my expectations dropped a couple games. The reality that someone like Harrison, Kemp, Rios, or any one of those “depth” piece signings might actually make the team isn’t really sitting well with me right now. I went with 80-81 wins.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

I'm going with 88. A bit optimistic but I do believe in this team.

I just don't think I can vote yet.

I suspect Krall has a couple arrows left in his GM quiver.

I'm going to wait on those before hazarding a guess.

12. Likes:

757690 (03-09-2024),mth123 (03-09-2024),UKFlounder (03-09-2024),WrongVerb (03-09-2024)

I went with the Reds winning 87 games in the 2024 regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

I thought of this route. If they go out and get a RH bat who can mash lefty pitching, I'd probably bump my prediction up a couple of games.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

folks can wait for arrows and other decisions, the key for the season is health of the Reds, particularly pitchers and of course the other teams in the devision. For example, how many additional home runs by a new right handed batter would be needed to mean three more games won that otherwise would have been losses?

for followers of the Padres and both NY teams they believed their teams had the arrows and the pitching.

My biggest ? is the starting pitching. It will take two of Greene, Montas, and Lodolo having good years to get this team into the postseason. I think they will slightly under perform expectations and win 80-82.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (03-09-2024)

Especially relative to other NL Central clubs, this team has plenty of top-shelf talent and strong depth. The only thing holding them back is lack of experience. Hopefully, that problem will be significantly lessened in the 2nd half.

88 wins

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

I never guess until a day or two before the season opens.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

20. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (03-09-2024)

I'm going with 77-79 wins. Would not be surprised though if they finished at 500.
    A lot depends on Montas and Greene, and I think the odds are , those two guys are not going to be as good as hoped.
    Not trying to start an argument, I hope I am wrong.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?