Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2024 Second Weekend

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024 Second Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Pretty cool stat.

NC State has both Mens and Womens teams in the final 4

Uconn Could have both in as well if the women win tomorrow night.
    UConn has joined the party. Paige Bueckers against Caitlin Clark for the right to get dismantled by South Carolina.

2. Turn Off Ads?

After watching the Iowa/LSU game last night, I don't know if Caitlin Clark is the women's version of Luka Doncic, or if Luka Doncic is the men's version of Caitlin Clark.

She's an amazing ballplayer.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-02-2024),goreds2 (04-02-2024),Reds Freak (04-02-2024),Revering4Blue (04-02-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    After watching the Iowa/LSU game last night, I don't know if Caitlin Clark is the women's version of Luka Doncic, or if Luka Doncic is the men's version of Caitlin Clark.

Her passing ability is nearly as impressive as her shooting. I think sometimes she's too unselfish and looks to pass too much.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

6. Likes:

Chip R (04-02-2024),goreds2 (04-02-2024),Revering4Blue (04-02-2024),RiverRat13 (04-02-2024),SteelSD (04-02-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Her passing ability is nearly as impressive as her shooting. I think sometimes she's too unselfish and looks to pass too much.
    I have never seen a better passer in women’s basketball.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

8. Likes:

Chip R (04-02-2024),Revering4Blue (04-02-2024)

And Geno was still correct to recruit Bueckers over Clark. Friday night will be fun, but it would have been more fun if Bueckers had stayed healthy.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-02-2024),Revering4Blue (04-02-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    And Geno was still correct to recruit Bueckers over Clark. Friday night will be fun, but it would have been more fun if Bueckers had stayed healthy.
    It's OK for everyone to have nice things.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-02-2024),Revering4Blue (04-02-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I have never seen a better passer in women’s basketball.
    Yeah, she's a fantastic passer. She's got that vision all the great passers have.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It worked out well for her and Bueckers. Clark would have been great anywhere she went but staying close to home just made her story that much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post

Her range is unreal thought the same thing last night while watching the game with my daughter as I am a huge Doncic fan. With Clark the speed she plays at is unreal she has her foot on the gas all the time...and her bounce passes are text book. As a fan of basketball really enjoying this Women's Tourney...so much talent.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

15. Likes:

Chip R (04-02-2024),Revering4Blue (04-02-2024),SteelSD (04-02-2024)

Women’s schedule:

Friday, April 5

No. 1 South Carolina vs. No. 3 NC State 7 p.m. ESPN

No. 1 Iowa vs. No. 3 UConn 9:30 p.m. ESPN

National Championship

Sunday, April 7

TBD vs. TBD 3 p.m. ABC
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Her range is unreal thought the same thing last night while watching the game with my daughter as I am a huge Doncic fan. With Clark the speed she plays at is unreal she has her foot on the gas all the time...and her bounce passes are text book. As a fan of basketball really enjoying this Women's Tourney...so much talent.
    Lots of talent out there but I cringe when many of them attempt reverse layups. They look like I did in junior high school, just throw it up there and hope it goes in. I'm glad Clark grew up when the did instead of 30-40 years ago when she would have grown up playing 6 player basketball. Perhaps her and Reese can be to the WNBA what Bird and Magic were to the NBA.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

Assembly Hall (04-02-2024),Revering4Blue (04-02-2024)

Turn Off Ads?