Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: 3-28-24 Opening Day Reds vs Nats 4:10 PM

Re: 3-28-24 Opening Day Reds vs Nats 4:10 PM

Fun start to the season today boys. I just hate we always have that built in off day the day after the opener. Felt the momentum today and want to see more action tomorrow. Ready to see Hunter do work on Saturday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Alright. I'll give my game observations. Montas was on. Their pitcher (Gray) wasn't fooling anyone. Everyone was hitting rockets either over the wall or off the base of the wall. Martini's 2 HRs were blasts. The guy has a sweet swing IMO. Very impressed with Steer and Fraley. Candy? Not. We thought he was going to get the golden sombrero because he had not only K'd his first three time, he never laid wood on a ball. Did not look good at the plate. But he made contact finally and FO to LF.

Elly walked twice and made some noise on the base paths. The double steal was sweet. His hurried, errant, and very wide throw to 1B was not (lol).

I also discovered that black stretch pants was the wardrobe of choice for today's women. Oh to be young again (lol).
    Last edited by GAC; 03-29-2024 at 08:54 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

4. Likes:

redsmetz (03-29-2024)

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The 7-8-9 hitters (Steer-Martini-Stephenson) combined to go 5 for 11, 2B, 2 HR, 4 R, 8 RBI, SB.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/l...W&sc=editorial
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

7. Likes:

Cherokee (03-29-2024),cumberlandreds (03-29-2024),GAC (03-29-2024)

I watched off my DVR last night. It was a quick game even for an 8-2 contest. I like those. I had to watch the Nats broadcast since I am in their territory. Same as usual, not very good.

Montas looked great. Got ahead of the hitters and kept them off stride. I wish they would let him go more than 80 pitches but I won't go into how starters are handled these days. Hopefully he will be stretched out more in the next game.

I am guessing Martini is the clubhouse leader for NL MVP. Two long shots by him. Maybe he is someone built for GABP and can be a pleasant surprise this year?

Reds are tied with Pirates for first after the first day. Maybe wire to wire like 1990? One can hope.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

9. Likes:

Cherokee (03-29-2024),goreds2 (03-29-2024),redsmetz (03-29-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Ugh. That means he's behind the plate on Friday.
    With no game Friday, maybe CB will skip the plate and be at 3B Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Sounds like an episode of Gunsmoke.
    Yep. I can hear Festus saying it now,..."Steer almost hit Boss and Kitty with a foul-ball early in the game".

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Are you suggesting that we may see a picture of a Martini, or a Double Martini?
    A pre-game post in response to Roy Tucker,...just sayin'.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?