Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: 3-30-24 Reds vs. Nats 4:10 PM

Re: 3-30-24 Reds vs. Nats 4:10 PM

I'm not making a prediction here but I guess it wouldn't be SUPER surprising if Diaz ends up as a run of the mill, volatile reliever. He was a non-elite pure relief prospect that didn't make his debut until his age 25 season. He would certainly be an exception
    Last edited by MoneyInTheBank; 03-30-2024 at 09:14 PM.
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

2. Likes:

mth123 (03-30-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

3-30-24 Reds vs. Nats 4:10 PM

All but the very elite relievers have volatility from season to season. Would it be surprising if Diaz isn't seeing a DL stint soon? That is my theory, lot of use last year, and an awful spring, may be nursing a sore arm.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-30-2024)

Our ace reliever, Diaz, has an ERA of 81...is that any way to win a pennant?

Its 1 game yall. Chill out and smoke a doob

Reds will get em tomorrow. Martinez will be a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    I’m not sure some of you can handle a 162 game schedule. You’re going to need to pace yourself, there’s going to be plenty of heartbreak to go around.
    You're right, my friend. Can't do 162 , or even 62 of days like today. Only took two games to need a day away Just a comedy of poor judgements, mental miscues, low BB IQ plays and a pitcher clearly not ready to pitch but left in there anyway at the expense of a win. Hopefully , Diaz will be nowhere near the pitching mound. You folks have a wonderful Easter and root the team on to a big win on Sunday.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 03-31-2024 at 02:54 AM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    All but the very elite relievers have volatility from season to season. Would it be surprising if Diaz isn't seeing a DL stint soon? That is my theory, lot of use last year, and an awful spring, may be nursing a sore arm.
    If he is nursing a sore arm why was he in there in the ninth to fritter away a lead and a win? Weird strategy.

You guys follow spring training. I don't. Did Diaz look like he was ready and primed to be closing out games or did he seem like he needed an extended spring training?
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

A lot of things to complain about in this game. Terrible communication on defense. But the biggest concern for me was watching Greene throw 100 pitches in 4 2/3 innings.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

11. Likes:

goreds2 (03-31-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    A lot of things to complain about in this game. Terrible communication on defense. But the biggest concern for me was watching Greene throw 100 pitches in 4 2/3 innings.
    Greene’s pitch count was seriously inflated by Reds’ failure to convert outs on defense.

When a pitcher loses, arguably, 4-5 outs because of bad defense, it’s hard to blame him for a high pitch count.

Greene is a strikeout pitcher, which adds pitches. And his walk rate was unusually high for him yesterday. But if the Reds make the plays, it’s probably a very solid six inning outing within 100 pitches.

13. Likes:

757690 (03-31-2024),Banshee (03-31-2024),LiferJim (03-31-2024),mth123 (03-31-2024),Tom Servo (03-31-2024)

Turn Off Ads?