Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Former reds on other teams this year?

Re: Former reds on other teams this year?

What would be really fun is a “Reds on the roster the last 3 years that are no longer in baseball” thread. Frighteningly high number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    What would be really fun is a “Reds on the roster the last 3 years that are no longer in baseball” thread. Frighteningly high number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My sense is that the number for the past few years would be less than it was in the mid-late teens. I also wonder how the team matches up with other teams in that regard.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Matt Bowman, in his bid to become the 2018 version of Oliver Drake, elected free agency.
    The White Sox reinstated Tommy Pham from the injured list following a recover from a sprained ankle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Stop quoting me on things I never said.

Congratulations to Chuckie Robinson, who was called up by the White Sox. Although he didn't perform well in his time on the Reds' roster, he still has a good pop-time for a catcher.
    Kevin Herget was optioned by the Brewers on Saturday

6. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (06-17-2024),Redeyecat (06-20-2024),Revering4Blue (06-19-2024)

went to the yanks game how the heck is luke weaver pitching well for the yankees?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPastore View Post
    went to the yanks game how the heck is luke weaver pitching well for the yankees?
    They squeezed a good amount of juice outta Wandy too

I had a feeling Weaver was nearing a breakthrough and got flogged for it but I’m still glad he’s not a Red.

The Yankees signed Chasen Shreve to a minor league deal. He had been pitching well for the Rangers AAA affiliate before being released last week.
    Mike Siani, the league's leader in sacrifice hits, exited the game due to a rib injury. Fortunately for him, the X-rays came back negative.
    The Twins designated Jay Jackson for assignment for the second time this season.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Yankees signed Chasen Shreve to a minor league deal. He had been pitching well for the Rangers AAA affiliate before being released last week.
    Mike Siani, the league's leader in sacrifice hits, exited the game due to a rib injury. Fortunately for him, the X-rays came back negative.
    The Twins designated Jay Jackson for assignment for the second time this season.
    The pitcher yesterday for the Red Sox, Brennan Bernardino, was a Reds draft pick in 2014 and played in the system a few years before retiring from pro baseball. Came back in 2021 to give it one more shot. Succeeded.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Brewers add Joel Kuhnel.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

Redeyecat (06-29-2024)

The Mets outrighted Joe Hudson. He was replaced by Luis Torrens, another former Red (albeit for hardly any time at all).
    Although Joel Kuhnel was called up by the Brewers not too long ago, he was DFA'ed before getting to make a game appearance for them.

I'm dedicating this post to players who are playing in the Atlantic and Frontier Leagues.

Atlantic League
    Cory Thompson was drafted by the Reds in the 5th round in 2013. After struggling as a position player for a few years, he converted to pitching but never made it above AA. Currently he is pitching for Gastonia in the Atlantic League.
    Ian Kahaloa was also drafted by the Reds in the 5th round but in 2015. He got in some drug trouble while in the minors and has been pitching for various indy ball teams since.
    Daryl Thompson, who is famous for being included in The Trade that included 5 1st rounders (a record), is still bouncing around. His baseball-reference page shows him as having played professionally for over 20 different teams, most of them foreign or in the indy leagues.
    Taylor Motter, who played 2 games with the Reds in 2022, is currently having a great year for Staten Island in the Atlantic League.
    Nick Longhi, who the Reds obtained in exchange for international bonus slot money from the Red Sox in 2017 and became a free agent after the 2019 season. Although he is injured for the High Point Rockers, he has hit 7 home runs in 15 games this season.
    Also on the High Point Rockers is Colin Moran. He played 42 games as a Red in 2022 and is now walking more than he strikes out in the Atlantic League.
    Cam Bedrosian pitched in 6 games for the Reds in 2021. He is now the Rockers' best starting pitcher now that Brandon Leibrandt is pitching for the Louisville Bats.
    And once again, it's time to talk about another player on the High Point Rockers. Ryan Meisinger pitched in AA and AAA for the Reds last year. This year, he is the Rockers' best reliever.
    Alex McGarry was signed by the Reds as an undrafted free agent after the 2020 draft. He was released by the Reds in May and has been playing for the Long Island Ducks since then.
    Daniel Corcino signed as an international free agent with the Reds in 2008. Baseball America once considered him one of the top-100 prospect in baseball. Now he is a teammate of McGarry's in Long Island.
    Former Reds, Delino DeShields and Phil Ervin, are teammates on the Charleston Dirty Birds.
    Phillip Diehl, a Moeller High School product, pitched in 5 games for the Reds in 2022. He has pitched for the Lancaster Stormers of the Atlantic League this season.

Frontier League
    Alberti Chavez spent 7 seasons in the Reds minor leagues. He is now a utility player for the Florence Y'Alls.
    Ashton Creal was drafted by the Reds in the 21st round back in 2019. He's also a Y'All.
    Michael Triana was signed by the Reds out of Cuba for $1,300,000. He didn't last long and ended up with the Lake Erie Crushers.
    James Marinan was obtained from the Dodgers in a deal that included Dylan Floro, a couple other minor leaguers, and international bonus slot money. He has pitched for the New England Knockouts this year with atrocious results.

16. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (07-03-2024)

Tyler Mahle began his rehab stint in AAA for the Rangers on Tuesday, throwing 2 shutout innings.
    Also on Tuesday, the Diamondbacks designated Gold Glover Tucker Barnart for assignment.
    Josiah Gray, who was traded away in a deal that sent him with Homer Bailey and Jeter Downs for Kyle Farmer, Matt Kemp, Yasiel Puig, Alex Wood and cash, had elbow discomfort in his recent rehab start. He'll have testing around the All-Star break.
    Johnny Cueto is now a free agent as he opted out of his deal with the Rangers.
    Speaking of opt-outs, Matt Bowman opted out of his deal with the Mariners.
    Andrew Knapp was one of the last cuts from the Reds following the spring training of 2021. He was recently released from his minor league deal with the Rangers.
    Tony Kemp, another late cut from spring training (2024), triggered the opt-out from his minor league contract with the Twins.

18. Likes:

Redeyecat (07-09-2024)

This post will take a look at former Reds products playing in Mexico.

Dorados de Chihuahua: Sebastián Elizalde (2014-8), Henry Rodriguez (2007-13), and Jesus Reyes (2015-9).
    Charros de Jalisco: (Billy Hamilton 2009-18), Dwight Smith Jr. (2021), and Ariel Hernandez (2016-8)
    Rieleros de Aguascalientes: Raynel Espinal (2022), Carlos Contreras (2008-15), Wilson Garcia (2021), Michael De Leon (2021-2), and Shea Spitzbarth (2023)
    Saraperos de Saltillo: Ian Krol (2019) and Tommy Milone (2021)
    Toros de Tijuana: Teddy Stankiewicz (2023) and Silvino Bracho (2023)
    Tecolotes de los Dos Laredos: Freddy Galvis (2019-20)
    Acereros de Monclova: R.J. Alaniz (2019-21) and Edgar Garcia (2021)
    Sultanes de Monterrey: Keury Mella (2015-9)
    Algodoneros de Union Laguna: Allen Cordoba (2022) and Didi Gregorius (2008-12)
    Tigres de Quintana Roo: Narciso Crook (2014-21)
    Diablos Rojos del Mexico: Aristides Aquino (2011-22), Trevor Bauer (2019-20), and Ryan Meisinger (2023)
    Leones de Yucatan: Taylor Motter (2022) and Jose Peraza (2016-9)
    Pericos de Puebla: Darnell Sweeney (2017) and Vladimir Gutierrez (2017-23)
    Olmecas de Tabasco: Shed Long Jr. (2013-8), Felix Perez (2010-4), T.J. Zeuch (2022), Jair Jurrjens (2014), Cody Reed (2015-20), and Wirfin Obispo (2012)
    El Aguila de Veracruz: Dilson Herrera (2016-8), Yasiel Puig (2019), and Ashton Goudeu (2021)
    Guerreros de Oaxaca: Arismendy Alcántara (2017) and Jacques Pucheu (2019-22)
    Bravos de Leon: Michael De León (2021-2) and Wendolyn Bautista (2014-9)
    Piratas de Campeche: Anthony Alford (2024)

20. Likes:

Redeyecat (07-09-2024)

Now it's time to go to Japan and South Korea.
    Shogo Akiyama was the Reds' first Japanese signing. He was a Red in 2021 and 2022. Now he's back in Japan.
    Aneurys Zabala pitched for Dayton in 2018 and Daytona in 2019. He is now pitching in Japan.

Ronnie Dawson played one game as a Red in 2022. He's destroying baseballs for Kiwoom in South Korea.
    The SSG Landers feature Shin-Soo Choo (2013) and Robert Dugger (2022).
    The NC Dinos have Matt Davidson (2020) playing as their everyday first baseman.
    Henry Ramos (2023) is the starting right fielder for the Doosan Bears.

Turn Off Ads?