Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eclipse Day

Re: Eclipse Day

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Totality was incredible.
    It really was. We avoided the interstate and took a backroad (741) up to Cox Arboretum. Got to witness the totality in all of its eerie beauty. Stopped off for a beer (well, two)) and took the same route home and just cruised.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-10-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

It really was a fabulous day of playing "hooky". Can't believe how we lucked out not only with the clear skies but warm temps. I enjoyed good quality family time to boot. So glad I canceled the day at the office months ago

5. Likes:

goreds2 (04-09-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Don't be fooled by those saying 98 or 99% totality is close to as good as totality. It's not! Not even in the same ballpark. YOU MUST GET TO TOTALITY TO VIEW THE CORONA!!! DRIVE THOSE EXTRA MILES!!!
    You were sure right about this. Close to totality wasn't a big deal. Totality was huge. So glad I went to Dayton for it

Iím close to Germantown and the view was awesome in my backyard!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

had a bunch of people over, smoked some stuff on the grill, walked across the street to the park with a bunch more people and enjoyed the total eclipse. Been waiting for this for 7 years since the 2017 partial eclipse in Ohio. Totally worth it.
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

9. Likes:

goreds2 (04-09-2024),Sea Ray (04-09-2024)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    had a bunch of people over, smoked some stuff on the grill, walked across the street to the park with a bunch more people and enjoyed the total eclipse. Been waiting for this for 7 years since the 2017 partial eclipse in Ohio. Totally worth it.
    I saw a lot of people smoking stuff without a grill too

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-12-2024),RedTeamGo! (04-11-2024),Roy Tucker (04-11-2024),WrongVerb (04-10-2024)

Traveled from southern Ky to a friends house in Southern Illinois to see it. Perfect warm day with very little clouds for us there to see totality.
    Saw the one in 2017 from a relative's home near Nashville. Pretty happy to have seen a total eclipse with my kids twice in 8 years.
    We left immediately after and traffic started backing up just as we got near Paducah so after crossing back into Kentucky we got off the Interstate
    and backroaded further south to where we could get across Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake and then basically had no traffic issues heading east
    to get back home.

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-16-2024)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    Traveled from southern Ky to a friends house in Southern Illinois to see it. Perfect warm day with very little clouds for us there to see totality.
    Saw the one in 2017 from a relative's home near Nashville. Pretty happy to have seen a total eclipse with my kids twice in 8 years.
    We left immediately after and traffic started backing up just as we got near Paducah so after crossing back into Kentucky we got off the Interstate
    and backroaded further south to where we could get across Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake and then basically had no traffic issues heading east
    to get back home.
    The next one in our part of the world is 2044.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    The next one in our part of the world is 2044.
    That eclipse is not exactly in our area. Itíll mainly be in Canada and Greenland. It will touch 3 states in the lower 48, none of which are in the Midwest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?