Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masters 2024

Masters 2024

Bryson looking to make things VERY interesting this weekend throwing up a 65 on day 1.

And Tiger birdied hole #1. Haven't looked, but presumably Twitter is imploding.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Masters 2024

Tiger is still at -1 through 11.

Scottie Scheffler stayed in contact with DeChambeau with a 6-under par 66.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Bryson looking to make things VERY interesting this weekend throwing up a 65 on day 1.

And Tiger birdied hole #1. Haven't looked, but presumably Twitter is imploding.
    The cream always rises to the top at the Masters.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Considering the forecast all week, today was much much better than expected and they’ll be back on time for the weekend. The round by Scottie today was fantastic. Bogey free 66 in high winds while being the heavy favorite was incredible. He’s playing lights out golf and it’d be very surprising if he doesn’t win….easily. But, I’m hoping for a great back 9 on Sunday.

Tiger is swinging well and his short game was really good today which is impressive considering how he’s barely played any tournament rounds recently. Hopefully, he’ll finish under par after the completion of his first round and he’ll need the adrenaline of being in contention to take some of the pain away from his leg.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Tiger finished his 1st round at +1, 8 shots behind the leader. He is even par through 4 holes on the second round. Early projected cut line is +2, so not much of a margin for error for Woods. Having to play, essentially, a round and a half today can't be in his favor.

Tiger looks like a lock to make the weekend. He stands a +1 through 12 holes. The cut line is up to +4 and climbing.

Is Scheffler winning inevitable?

Pretty much.

I don't care if he wins as I'm very impressed with his game and he's a good dude, but I just hope he doesn't run away with it. All I want is an awesome nerve-wracking back 9 that we haven't had since Tiger won in 2019. The last 9 holes has been pretty boring over the last 4 Masters.....DJ, Matsuyama, Scheffler, and Rahm.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Bryson is interesting and weird enough that I can't help but root for him. Designed his own irons? I love Scottie but he's boring. I'm on the Bryson bandwagon, but totally okay with a Homa win.

Also, Tiger looks phenomenal for a guy who never plays competitive golf. I know this is one of his courses, but the conditions have been absurd. And he's outplaying most tour pros. Maybe he should play more? The walk at Augusta is worse than just about every course on the planet.

11. Likes:

Chip R (04-15-2024)

Only when he makes putts. His tee to green game is as good as Prime Tiger, but he's gonna have to make some putts on the back 9 Sunday. He'll be in the mix for sure.

Neil Shipley is the lone amateur to make it to the weekend and is tied for 30th place. He earned a Quantitative Finance degree in 3 years at James Madison with minors in math and economics, and is now a grad student at Ohio State, having already completed a master’s in Data Analytics. When will he get it together and start achieving something in life?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Tiger falling apart here. Good while it lasted I guess.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Scottie Scheffler will drag a 1-stroke lead into Sunday''s final round. He is at -7.

Collin Morikawa is 1 back. Max Homa is 2 strokes in arrears.

Bryson DeChambeau faltered late, landed at -3.

Nicolai Hojgaard had it rolling at -7 at one point today, but bogeyed 5 holes in succession on the back 9.

Tiger shot a 42 out, and a 40 in. Needless to say..........

Phil is at +6.

Bryson fell apart late, but the hole out on 18 was huge. I expect Homa to play well tomorrow, he was good today and just couldn't get anything to drop. Scottie is gonna Scottie, really reminds me of prime Tiger with his irons. Tomorrow should be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Bryson fell apart late, but the hole out on 18 was huge. I expect Homa to play well tomorrow, he was good today and just couldn't get anything to drop. Scottie is gonna Scottie, really reminds me of prime Tiger with his irons. Tomorrow should be fantastic.
    I agree. And, the course conditions are an A++ right now. Just perfect. Only 3 Rounds in the 60’s the last 2 days, but I expect that number to double tomorrow with the typical Sunday pin locations. Hopefully, we’ll see a lot of fireworks.

Scottie showed why he’s so good today (not that he doesn’t every day) when he took a punch on 10&11 then came back with an eagle on 13 and finishing with another. He will be really hard to beat tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Neil Shipley is the lone amateur to make it to the weekend and is tied for 30th place. He earned a Quantitative Finance degree in 3 years at James Madison with minors in math and economics, and is now a grad student at Ohio State, having already completed a master’s in Data Analytics. When will he get it together and start achieving something in life?
    And now, he’s playing with Tiger tomorrow. Wow. He’ll be more nervous than he’s ever been on the first tee tomorrow. What an experience for the young man.

18. Likes:

RichRed (04-14-2024)

Turn Off Ads?