Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minor League Game Thread 4/13/24 SATURDAY

Re: Minor League Game Thread 4/13/24 SATURDAY

I expect Collier will be in Dayton most of the year unless he just completely dominates the level. I suspect he'll have some ups and downs, but the fact that he's off to a hot start in encouraging. It took Arroyo a few months to adjust to high A last year. Stewart and O'donnell would be my first guesses at promotions from the offense, and Lowder could be moved up any day.

The Reds getting Serwinoski in the 15th round for 125k might end up being the best value draft pick of this great draft run that they're having.

The 2022 draft was Collier, Stewart, Tanner, Boyd(traded for Benson), Hubbart, C.Hunter, Maxwell, McElvian(traded for Espinal), K.Huggins, and Serwinoski plus a few other decent looking pitching prospects. And that was the 7th highest bonus pool. They have the 2nd highest to work with this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Game Thread 4/13/24 SATURDAY

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Do you think they'll promote Collier early?
    I haven't seen anything of his swing except for his hits, so I don't know where he is on that front.

If (notice the importance of that word) he continues to hit the ball with as much authority as it seems he's hitting the ball now and he's hitting the ball in the air (much) more often, i suspect he'll put up very good numbers. If (again, that word) all of that is true and he continues to OPS over 1.000 through mid- to late May, I'd guess six weeks would be enough time in Dayton. He's a super high draft pick on which they spent a pretty massive coin-- he's supposed to move fast. Too, baseball has seemed to recognize that many of those super high talent guys don't need as much time at the lower leagues as they've gotten in the past.

Turn Off Ads?