Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Songs that you should know....

Songs that you should know....

Henry Gross - Southern Band. The one-time Sha Na Na guitarist cranks one out. Just a fun song to get you tapping your feet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Songs that you should know....

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Henry Gross - Southern Band. The one-time Sha Na Na guitarist cranks one out. Just a fun song to get you tapping your feet.

And, to think, most just know him for a song about a dead dog.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

4. Likes:

texasdave (04-21-2024)

Badge is a song from 1969 by the band Cream. It is from their final album 'Goodbye'. The title of the song is supposedly from the chord progression, B A D G E. Or, so it has been written. It's also been rumored that the song is a collaboration between Eric Clapton and George Harrison. That is quite possible since they seemed to have shared many things, including a wife.

6. Likes:

Chip R (05-06-2024),Revering4Blue (04-29-2024),Roy Tucker (05-06-2024)

If the idea is that these are songs you should know but likely don't, then I present "cath" by the Bluebells.

“The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

8. Likes:

texasdave (05-01-2024)

yeah, not sure if the point is to point out music you may have never heard of..

If so, I've been listening to a couple of songs by this group a ton lately. I like how they recorded this one

Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

10. Likes:

texasdave (05-01-2024)

I always like this by Adam Ezra. (Oh very strong language is a constant)
    Last edited by klw; 05-01-2024 at 05:17 PM.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

12. Likes:

texasdave (05-01-2024)

Jerry Doucette was born and raised in Canada. He said he was born to rock, and you have to believe that as he joined his first band, The Reefers, at the age of 11. In 1979, his band, Doucette, won the Juno Award for Most Promising Group of the Year in 1979.

If you were in or around Birmingham or Tuscaloosa back about 1975 you know this well. If not, you probably don't...BUT SHOULD! Do yourself a favor...

“It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

15. Likes:

texasdave (05-07-2024)

Honcho Overload - Miserable

Sounds like Friday night in 1994.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

Badge is a song from 1969 by the band Cream. It is from their final album 'Goodbye'. The title of the song is supposedly from the chord progression, B A D G E. Or, so it has been written. It's also been rumored that the song is a collaboration between Eric Clapton and George Harrison. That is quite possible since they seemed to have shared many things, including a wife.
    I always thought the Leslie arpeggio guitar part was done by George.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

18. Likes:

Chip R (05-16-2024)

Turn Off Ads?