Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cam Collier swing is very good

Re: Cam Collier swing is very good

His body is looking more DH 1B like this season than last. Interested to see how he looks at the end of this season.

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-20-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm dreaming on a 2026 opening day lineup that includes Elly (CF), CES (DH), Collier (1b), and Condon (RF).
    Why not Collier at 3B?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    He reminds me a little of the Red Sox 3rd baseman Devers
    A Devers comp is juicy.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

He just homered again to start the Saturday off right
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

7. Likes:

HokieRed (04-22-2024),RedTeamGo! (04-20-2024),Rick Palmer (04-20-2024),Tom Servo (04-20-2024)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Why not Collier at 3B?
    Marte
    Stewart
    Cabrera
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

The HR came off top 50 prospect Dylan Lesko. If Cam keeps slugging like this I have no problem with him as a 1B.

I just today saw Eric Logenhagen's Fangraphs write up from 4/10 basically calling Collier a non-prospect. I myself was a bit down on him after last year but jeez, very glad to see him shoving it back in some faces already and hopefully it lasts. I agree though that he's physically looking like a 1B/DH, but it would be great if he can stick at 3B.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I just today saw Eric Logenhagen's Fangraphs write up from 4/10 basically calling Collier a non-prospect. I myself was a bit down on him after last year but jeez, very glad to see him shoving it back in some faces already and hopefully it lasts. I agree though that he's physically looking like a 1B/DH, but it would be great if he can stick at 3B.
    Logenhagen is awful
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Logenhagen is awful
    Yeah I already had a low opinion of his output but this might be the final straw. I wish Kiley McDaniel wasn’t behind a paywall, him I trust!
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm dreaming on a 2026 opening day lineup that includes Elly (CF), CES (DH), Collier (1b), and Condon (RF).
    2B McLain
    CF Elly
    LF Steer
    3B Marte
    RF Condon
    1B CES
    DH Collier
    C Stephenson
    SS Arroyo

What a dream lineup
    Go BLUE!!!

14. Likes:

HokieRed (04-22-2024),redsfan9988 (04-23-2024),RedTeamGo! (04-24-2024),Rick Palmer (04-21-2024),Sea Ray (04-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I wonder how seriously they are taking his play at 3B. I see that he's already DH'd 5 times thus far.

Still, good to see so much power early in the season. He could be primed for a breakout. And if he hits like this I'm fine with him becoming at 1B/DH.
    If they do consider him a 1B/DH, might that affect the way they draft with that #2 overall pick? We don't need to start stockpiling those types like Jim Bowden did

Him and Alfredo Duno in Baseball Americas new top 100.
    It is a shame what this worlds gotten to

17. Likes:

AlaskaReds (04-30-2024),Bourgeois Zee (04-29-2024),camisadelgolf (04-30-2024),SoTxRedsFan (05-01-2024),Tom Servo (04-30-2024)

Turn Off Ads?