Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Bell be fired this season?

Re: Could Bell be fired this season?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think you are right Larkin doesn't like Sadak, however, I don't think that is why he doesn't talk much, I think he just doesn't really know what to say.
    Barry used to give interesting comments on the hitters good and bad, and comments on defense.
    I wonder if he was asked to not make comments on the players.. For example, if a middle infielder was taking a throw on a stolen base attempt, he would point out that the infielder should have positioned his glove closer to the runner to have a better chance to tag the runner out.
    I wonder if he was asked to stop doing that. He doesn't seem to make comments like that anymore.
    Or maybe he's just checked out mentally and is tired of the job and giving low effort.
    I agree, he's been flat this year. Maybe it's isn't a chemistry issue with Sadak.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-22-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think they're just mad and want someone to yell at the players as a vicarious vent of their own frustrations. Yet, in real life, getting up in people's faces and screaming at them doesn't get much done. I'm sure every manager breaks out the hairdryer once in a while, but that can't be your go-to move.
    You can get up in a guy's face and NOT SCREAM, and still get the point across. Accountability is doable today, but too many people don't want to be criticized for upsetting someone. There's also accountability that can be fostered amongst the players.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    So ďaccountabilityĒ is yelling at people?
    Who said "yelling at people"? My boss gets up in my face at work, and doesn't yell. Sometimes when you can't have a discussion elsewhere (hard to do that when you're in a dugout), you remove the noise between someone's ears by closing the distance between your windows to the soul and theirs. Change your filter.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Another three pages of berating you coming up in.... 1...2....3

If you read Chatterbox Reds comment section and some other Reds' social media, accountability , or lack thereof, is something that is brought up probably more than anything else. Reds' fans seem to think accountability is something that has long been missing here.
    Because some of these people don't have the same filter that I do, and they let that fact get in the way of anything they hear from me. Much of what I say has elemental truth to it, but they get really insecure if the message isn't packaged up into popular soundbites or specific sets of data they agree with. So, I'll just reply to those who will listen to me, and accept the fact that I'm being ignored or sneered at by the majority of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Who said "yelling at people"? My boss gets up in my face at work, and doesn't yell. Sometimes when you can't have a discussion elsewhere (hard to do that when you're in a dugout), you remove the noise between someone's ears by closing the distance between your windows to the soul and theirs. Change your filter.
    Stay out of my personal space, it doesn’t belong to you.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think Bell should be on the hot seat, but wanting someone to replace him who screams in players faces is moronic, and idk what Chatterbox Reds is but Iím sure I can guess what itís like at least lmao

9. Likes:

redsfan9988 (05-22-2024)

Because some of these people don't have the same filter that I do, and they let that fact get in the way of anything they hear from me. Much of what I say has elemental truth to it, but they get really insecure if the message isn't packaged up into popular soundbites or specific sets of data they agree with. So, I'll just reply to those who will listen to me, and accept the fact that I'm being ignored or sneered at by the majority of the rest.
    The at a boy society doesnít like people being talked too sternly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

That's why I think the Reds need a new manager. Bell isn't the guy. But I don't know if culture has changed enough that you can't get up in player's faces and demand accountability.
    What does "demand accountability" mean in practical terms?

If someone makes an error, are they immediately benched and replaced with someone who is even worse than they are?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post

If someone makes an error, are they immediately benched and replaced with someone who is even worse than they are?
    That’ll learn em

13. Likes:

M2 (05-22-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post

What I want to know what is the "accountability line?" And does it apply differently to certain players? Is it fully defined, or is it a living and breathing thing that emits from an organizational structure... or an individual?

Should it be managed similar to the clubhouse court held by Frank Robinson? Or like Lenny Randle and Frank Lucchesi?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think Bell should be on the hot seat, but wanting someone to replace him who screams in players faces is moronic, and idk what Chatterbox Reds is but I’m sure I can guess what it’s like at least lmao
    It’s Nick Kirby’s podcast thing.

Thom has a show on it too, so in other words it’s crap.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    It’s Nick Kirby’s podcast thing.

Thom has a show on it too, so in other words it’s crap.
    I give it a listen every now and then. It's not great by any means, but OK background noise.

Kirby seems like a nice guy. Don't know anything about him though.
    I've got my pride, I drink my wine

If you have an HR department, they'd be very interested in your story
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

18. Likes:

CaiGuy (05-22-2024),M2 (05-22-2024),Ron Madden (05-22-2024),Roy Tucker (05-23-2024),Wonderful Monds (05-22-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    What I want to know what is the "accountability line?" And does it apply differently to certain players? Is it fully defined, or is it a living and breathing thing that emits from an organizational structure... or an individual?

Should it be managed similar to the clubhouse court held by Frank Robinson? Or like Lenny Randle and Frank Lucchesi?
    For me, none of that means anything. I donít see how a player is supposed to have any respect for a manager until said manager goes full Lee Elia on the media to show he has the players back.

Only then, can a good old fashioned chair smashing be a clear signal to me as a player, that I had best watch my accountables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Likes:

M2 (05-22-2024)

You can get up in a guy's face and NOT SCREAM, and still get the point across. Accountability is doable today, but too many people don't want to be criticized for upsetting someone. There's also accountability that can be fostered amongst the players.
    If getting in guy's grills is your daily move, you'll be out of a job faster than you can say Russ Nixon.

Sounds like your boss sucks. I've managed plenty of people in my career, dealt with all kinds of situations, never once needed to do that.
    Last edited by M2; 05-22-2024 at 08:21 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

22. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-23-2024),LeatherPants (05-22-2024),mth123 (05-22-2024),Revering4Blue (05-22-2024),RiverRat13 (05-23-2024),Ron Madden (05-22-2024),Roy Tucker (05-23-2024),westofyou (05-22-2024),Wonderful Monds (05-22-2024)

Turn Off Ads?