Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Could Bell be fired this season?

Re: Could Bell be fired this season?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's not about "teaching" it's really about punishing him for slumping, with the assumption that somehow playing against lesser competition in a lesser league will fix that slump and add a dose of humility to this baseball zygote.

Meanwhile Reds fans would get to watch Santiago Espinal play SS.

Seems like a great plan.
    It's about accountability. But, I see the woke mob has gotten to you
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

2. Likes:

westofyou (06-04-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Shouldn't you give Bell an atta boy for last night? He must have really "GOT THEM UP" last night. 13 runs and all.
    This is MLB the best players on earth. They don't hold 162 pep rally in the clubhouse or dugout before games. To "GET UP" This isn't High school sports.
    Prior to the first inning the Reds TV showed a shot of the Reds dugout, players were dancing, bouncing and "getting up" amongst the huge smiles and the obvious anticipation that a game brings the participants was coach Cowherd, bopping along with the team, smiling and pushing them to celebrate.

Of course if they had not shown that I would know nothing about it, if I didn't watch tv and was listening to the radio I'd know nothing about it (I'd know if the fridge in the booth had Mexican Coke though) Point being there is a hell of a lot going on with the Reds clubhouse and work environment that I know nothing about, like a lot of things in life

5. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-04-2024),Marc D (06-04-2024),Revering4Blue (06-04-2024),Ron Madden (06-04-2024),Tom Servo (06-05-2024)

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/555...ne-win-streak/

Since being 10 games under .500 at 20-30 after May 23, the Reds have swept the Los Angeles Dodgers and won 12 of their last 16.

“This game’s hard and there are going to be a lot of games where you do everything right and you still lose,” said Reds catcher Tyler Stephenson. “You’ve just got to keep showing up every day.”

At no point did Bell make like the manager in “Bull Durham” and throw bats at players in the shower or flip a table.

“A chair,” Bell noted. “But it wasn’t about that.”

Bell threw a chair in the dugout in a victory over the San Diego Padres last month, but it was after Jake Fraley was hit in the hand by Joe Musgrove and was taken out of the game. Bell’s frustration that day was not about the way his team — or even the other team — was playing, but about another injury. Inside the clubhouse, Bell kept his message the same.

That stability is paying off now.

“All the way, every player, coach or anyone that’s been around the game, we’ve all experienced how things pay off when you handle them the right way and the way that you believe in,” Bell said. “You can definitely doubt that, so it is a reinforcement and a reminder. It creates a confidence and belief that this group can do that.”

While manager breakouts and players-only meetings make for good copy, even last year’s noted speech by Luke Maile was more about doing less rather than doing more, not pushing because the results were bad.

“There’s power in teamwork,” Bell said. “We all have to do our part individually, but when we can rely on each other, count on each other, and trust one another, it’s a big part about not only our style of play but what I think will get us to be the best we can be in the end. I believe it can overcome a lot and it makes it a lot more fun throughout the entire process.”

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-10-2024),Marc D (06-10-2024),Powder River (06-10-2024),redsfan9988 (06-10-2024),Ron Madden (06-10-2024)

That chair died a hero

9. Likes:

NebraskaRed (06-10-2024),westofyou (06-10-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post
    That chair died a hero
    But did it have a family?

Could Bell sign another contract extension this season?

12. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-10-2024),Phoenix2 (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    But did it have a family?
    A couple of unproductive sons.

They were very La-Z-Boys…

14. Likes:

NebraskaRed (06-10-2024),Revering4Blue (07-12-2024),Ron Madden (06-10-2024),WrongVerb (06-10-2024)

I do like that Bell is sticking to keeping Elly and Candelario in the #2 #3 spots. He's done a good job of managing the bullpen of late, IMO.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Turn Off Ads?