Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reds Top Prospects - May 2024 Edition

Re: Reds Top Prospects - May 2024 Edition

Article on Cam Collier from Milb.com: https://www.milb.com/milb/news/road-...ct-cam-collier

2. Turn Off Ads?

One of these days, Allen is going to get another hit.

What's he gone? 30-35 straight PA's without a hit now?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Shen-En Lin is having a pretty good season in AZ. in 109 AB's he's hitting .339 with 22runs, 5 triples, 27 BB, 11 SB and an OPS of .931. 39Ks in there as well.
    Last edited by Dave C; 06-28-2024 at 12:46 AM.

5. Likes:

Marc D (06-28-2024),Old school 1983 (06-28-2024),Tuff Nut (06-28-2024),UKFlounder (06-28-2024)

Going back to the original post here...man, what a disappointing year from just about everyone listed. Some due to injuries, most due to poor or mediocre at best performance. Not a lot to get excited about right now on the farm.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Just off the top of my head, guys in minors Id least like to see traded:

1. Lowder
    2. Duno
    3. Arroyo
    4. Stewart
    5. Petty
    6. Aguiar
    7. Cabrera
    8. Collier
    9. Stafura
    10. H Rodriguez

8. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (07-06-2024)

Collier might be the only American born 19 year old everyday player in high A right now. His peers age wise are last year's high school draftees and the top of that class is still in low A not hitting much better than what Collier is in high A. I think people are underestimating how hard it is to do what he's done as a high school senior age 18 year old in low A and a 19 year old in high A.

10. Likes:

HokieRed (07-07-2024),podgejeff_ (07-07-2024)

I think the concerns teams had about Cam are real. He’s maxed out physically and looks to be adding even more weight in his bottom half. He’s also very likely to become a 1B or DH. So he has to become an OB% and power beast to live up to what some are expecting of him.

I’ve lowered my expectations of Cam and I’m good with it. I hope the Reds continue to develop him and see what he can become, but I wouldn’t hesitate to trade him in the right deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Collier might be the only American born 19 year old everyday player in high A right now. His peers age wise are last year's high school draftees and the top of that class is still in low A not hitting much better than what Collier is in high A. I think people are underestimating how hard it is to do what he's done as a high school senior age 18 year old in low A and a 19 year old in high A.
    I haven't given up on Collier, I look forward to watching him develop. At this time of the year, you usually see a lot of guys graduate a level and hardly anyone across the board is really deserving.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Collier has been miserable vs LHP this year(.377 OPS with 3 BB to 29 SO compared to .835 vs RHP) so that's obviously an area of focus moving forward.

Aguiar with a nice start for Louisville. 6IP 5 hits, 1ER, 0BB and 6K's on 82 pitches.
    Kyle Henley is up to 30 stolen Bases in 40 games while hitting .301 (with 14 extra base hits).
    Sheng-En Lin is still around .320 with 30BB in 38 games. OPS of .874. He's been over .315 all season.

You gotta love the AC League... the ACL D-backs are 30-16 with a +90 run differential. ACL Padres are 20-26 with a -68 Diff ACL Reds are 25-22 with a +10. Only 7 of the 15 teams have a positive Diff.
    Last edited by Dave C; 07-06-2024 at 10:12 PM.

Kyle Henley is now at .300/.380/.420/.800 in the ACL as a 19-year-old. 30 SB in 40 games.

That obscures a nearly 40% K rate and a poor 7.4% BB rate.

If he can drop his Ks while adding a couple percentage points to his BBs, I like him. If not, he's likely going to flame out.

But so far, that's pretty solid development for a 14th rounder.

Turn Off Ads?