Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Scott Scheffler arrested this morning

Re: Breaking: Scott Scheffler arrested this morning

On a police/fire/ems board I am on they are posting that the Detective that was involved didnt get dragged at all, that before this incident he tripped over a road cone and fell, thats how he got hurt. That he never fell when holding onto the car.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    On a police/fire/ems board I am on they are posting that the Detective that was involved didnt get dragged at all, that before this incident he tripped over a road cone and fell, thats how he got hurt. That he never fell when holding onto the car.
    Seems much more plausible than being “dragged” a whopping 10’ (that’s the distance that was reported) going 2 mph.
    Last edited by Redhook; 05-23-2024 at 08:14 AM.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

4. Likes:

Chip R (05-22-2024),dubc47834 (05-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    He wouldn't go to the hospital for that. Something's bogus here. The onus is on the police to prove their side. I'd like to see the hospital report

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Something's bogus here.
    But whatever could it be?

Maybe aliens turned off the bodycam?
    I believe there is a special place in hell for people that buy entities that others "root for" and treat it like any other regular business from a profit/loss standpoint.

Video is supposed to be released today. Scheffler's team has seen it already and reports it is very consistent with what the golfer has stated happened.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Video is supposed to be released today. Scheffler's team has seen it already and reports it is very consistent with what the golfer has stated happened.
    Historically speaking, if there's video and it supports the police, they can't release it fast enough.

Video is out and it is not a good look for the Dept

https://x.com/TristanUda/status/1793679615841460480

10. Likes:

Redhook (05-23-2024)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Case Closed...these charges need to be dropped ASAP!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

12. Likes:

Redhook (05-23-2024)

So now we have a pretty good idea of what actually happened. Scheffler’s account was the most accurate and the police account was exaggerated. Not much of a surprise.

My guess is Scheffler pleads to a misdemeanor so the department can save face, Scheffler can save time. and then this whole mess goes away.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    So now we have a pretty good idea of what actually happened. Scheffler’s account was the most accurate and the police account was exaggerated. Not much of a surprise.

My guess is Scheffler pleads to a misdemeanor so the department can save face, Scheffler can save time. and then this whole mess goes away.
    Until the next victim, who probably won't have the benefit of external video footage.
    I believe there is a special place in hell for people that buy entities that others "root for" and treat it like any other regular business from a profit/loss standpoint.

15. Likes:

Chip R (05-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

Until the next victim, who probably won't have the benefit of external video footage.
    This happens every day in this country, mostly to people much less privileged than Scheffler. The police get away with it most of the time.

One benefit of this case is that it will make more people, people who usually support the police, will become more aware of what is happening, and maybe even lead to more accountability for the police.

17. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-23-2024),Redhook (05-23-2024),WrongVerb (05-23-2024)

Not sure Scheffler a guy who by all accounts was doing what he was told and spent time cuffed and in jail is going to want to plead to anything...the department has disciplined the officer for failure to turn on his body cam and the leadership within the Dept. has expressed concerns over the severity of the charges. I think the Dept will want to make this all go away very quickly esp. since Sheffler gave them an out with his statement regarding the chaos and confusion of that moment.

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-24-2024),oregonred (05-26-2024),Redhook (05-23-2024)

Yea, I don't think there is anyway Scheffler pleads this one down. From the video it looked like the cop was the aggressor. Didn't look like he drug the cop at all. Which ever PD this was, has egg all over their face.

21. Likes:

Redhook (05-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Yea, I don't think there is anyway Scheffler pleads this one down. From the video it looked like the cop was the aggressor. Didn't look like he drug the cop at all. Which ever PD this was, has egg all over their face.
    Not sure Scheffler a guy who by all accounts was doing what he was told and spent time cuffed and in jail is going to want to plead to anything...the department has disciplined the officer for failure to turn on his body cam and the leadership within the Dept. has expressed concerns over the severity of the charges. I think the Dept will want to make this all go away very quickly esp. since Sheffler gave them an out with his statement regarding the chaos and confusion of that moment.
    I can’t see the police dropping all charges. That almost never happens, at least not to the average citizen. Maybe you’re right, because Scheffler is a celebrity. We will find out shortly.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/...-for-body-cam/

I think all charges should and will be dropped. Not only was the officer reprimanded, he lied about what happened so his report should be thrown out. Dragged to ground....lol. It's one thing to lie about a misdemeanor, but a felony charge? What an awful police officer and it is very sad that this happens every hour of every day in our country. That said, I am glad that Scheffler will be rightfully cleared of any wrongdoing.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?