Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What an Unbelievable Cover of a Classic Pop Tune!!! Do You Have Favorite Covers ?

What an Unbelievable Cover of a Classic Pop Tune!!! Do You Have Favorite Covers ?

I'm really shaken by this one. Many of you know how much I like Karen Carpenter. I thought she had a once in a lifetime voice. That she died so young and so tragically stills haunt me to this day. I think ,maybe, I have found her reincarnated voice in a young lady by the name of Tori Holub. I came across a cover she did of "We've Only Just Begun," which is the most spot on cover of an original track I have ever heard in my life. It is almost unbelievable that this is not Karen's voice. Give this a listen and let me know what you think of this haunting cover of one of Karen's signature songs.

Also, let's use this thread to list some of your favorite covers of classic rock or pop songs. Comment on mine if you want and/or give one of your favorites.

“It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: What an Unbelievable Cover of a Classic Pop Tune!!! Do You Have Favorite Covers

I cant put the video in my post because im old.

but this springsteen cover on the voice in norway- no words.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ruKF...B2b2ljZQ%3D%3D

perfection.

Re: What an Unbelievable Cover of a Classic Pop Tune!!! Do You Have Favorite Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I cant put the video in my post because im old.

but this springsteen cover on the voice in norway- no words.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ruKF...B2b2ljZQ%3D%3D

perfection.

LOL No excuse, I'm so old my seminal fluids are no longer fluids. Speaking of the Boss, here's one of my favorite covers of a Boss tune. Great live performance from the Midnight Special. When a live performance is better than the terrific studio version you know it's something special... Midnight Special!!!

Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 05-18-2024 at 11:12 PM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

5. Likes:

Dom Heffner (05-19-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    I'm really shaken by this one. Many of you know how much I like Karen Carpenter. I thought she had a once in a lifetime voice. That she died so young and so tragically stills haunt me to this day. I think ,maybe, I have found her reincarnated voice in a young lady by the name of Tori Holub. I came across a cover she did of "We've Only Just Begun," which is the most spot on cover of an original track I have ever heard in my life. It is almost unbelievable that this is not Karen's voice. Give this a listen and let me know what you think of this haunting cover of one of Karen's signature songs.

Also, let's use this thread to list some of your favorite covers of classic rock or pop songs. Comment on mine if you want and/or give one of your favorites.

That was incredible!

Here’s John Mayer kicking butt on this Bob Dylan classic

https://youtu.be/KJ97Kq1RZgU?si=3yRZkLNnl75zaI9O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by LiferJim View Post
    That was incredible!

Here’s John Mayer kicking butt on this Bob Dylan classic

https://youtu.be/KJ97Kq1RZgU?si=3yRZkLNnl75zaI9O

John Mayer is a talented fella.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Always been a big Elton John since the early 70's, and I've always kinda resisted covers of his great songs but here's one that definitely did his song justice.

Really pretty rendition. These gals have some pretty good music DNA, wouldn't you say?

---- Bill Vaughn

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Two more Springsteen related covers.

Because the Night, 10,000 Maniacs...

And I call this a cover because of how different of a song it is. It's not just another pop-rock song arranged acoustically. It's a completely different experience, and as good or better than the original. That note, and you'll know it when you hear it, it's so amazingly haunting; it kills me every time...

Last edited by WrongVerb; 05-19-2024 at 06:02 AM.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

And we can't forget the greatest cover of all time. It became the anthem for a revolution...

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

One more cover, just for gits and shiggles...

Oh, and this isn't really a cover, so much as it is a tribute. But, holy hell, Prince erased any doubt about his guitar prowess...

Luke does a great job with this Tracy Chapman song

https://youtu.be/Fr7oYjnt3bM?si=L0ZQb6sw3QIG0PYQ

Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

14. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (05-20-2024)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Always been a big Elton John since the early 70's, and I've always kinda resisted covers of his great songs but here's one that definitely did his song justice.

Really pretty rendition. These gals have some pretty good music DNA, wouldn't you say?

my favorite cover of an elton song too.

16. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (05-20-2024)

Joe Cockers A Little Help from my Friends

Can Richard come out of retirement to arrange some music and work with her? That'd be great

19. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (05-20-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Can Richard come out of retirement to arrange some music and work with her? That'd be great
    Wouldn't it, though ? I know she's met Richard because she was invited to the Carpenter's 55th Anniversary celebration. I don't know if Richard's doing anything in music these days. He's approaching 78, I think. Would love to see him to do something with this little lady.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Turn Off Ads?