Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 5-23-24 Reds vs Padres 1:10 PM

Re: 5-23-24 Reds vs Padres 1:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    The snap diagnoses from our medical staff are simply comic relief.
    Seriously, who is heading up our medical team these days... used to be Kremcheck . Who is it now, Jack Kevorkian???
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Likes:

REDREAD (05-23-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    not to excuse the Reds, but what can you do at this point? They have like 6 starting position players hurt, nothing in the minors.
    That's about the size of things.

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm taking my grandson to his first Red's game on June 8th vs the Cubs.

Thank God he's that age where he won't remember it. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-24-2024),REDREAD (05-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm really fed up with players that don't know the fundamentals, are so little league out there. I'm tired of Fairchild in CF. I don't care if he can catch a ball over the wall. He can't seem to take charge and call people off on FBs. I thought for sure he and Miartini were colliding in the 10th. There's no sense in this.

Oh yeah - his bat sucks too.

As this season unfolds, I'm beginning to wonder of this team has any discipline at all. Of course I look at the starting lineup, and this is not the lineup I envisioned in late May.
    "Fundamentals," don't you dare ... Next thing we know, you be bringing up "accountability."
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

8. Likes:

GAC (05-24-2024)

Kinda glad I missed this one. That's a sentence I would have never uttered in 1972.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 05-23-2024 at 08:44 PM.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    ....I cant just turn off baseball season in mid-May even though I know its probably logical of me to do so.
    That probably sums up my outlook...the Reds aren't going anywhere this year but I can't help watching...and hoping...hoping that they get it together and start playing a little bit like last year when they were once called baseball's most exciting team. With all the injuries and slumping taking place this year there's meager chance for a repeat performance but that doesn't stop me from watching. Loss after damnable loss I watch. It's what addicts do, and last year stoked my addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm really fed up with players that don't know the fundamentals, are so little league out there. I'm tired of Fairchild in CF. I don't care if he can catch a ball over the wall. He can't seem to take charge and call people off on FBs. I thought for sure he and Miartini were colliding in the 10th. There's no sense in this.

Oh yeah - his bat sucks too.

As this season unfolds, I'm beginning to wonder of this team has any discipline at all. Of course I look at the starting lineup, and this is not the lineup I envisioned in late May.
    Bad fundamentals at this level is inexcusable, whether youre a starter or not. These guys have been playing most of their lives and should have the fundamentals down long before they step foot on a major league diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

12. Likes:

mth123 (05-24-2024)

If it’s not the hitting, it’s the starting pitching. If it’s not the starting pitching, it’s the hitting, the bullpen or too many guys injured. No matter the cause, the Reds seem to end up on the loosing side of things….. year after year, after year, after year….. like a lot of folks on this board, I’ve been following this team for many years. Summer is for baseball and baseball is the Reds. It really is getting harder though. After all of the years of rebuilding, hoping and eventual disappointment, this year’s team is bringing me to an all time low.
    Nothing but gas

What do you expect when we're basically watching an AAA Louisville lineup - with B market add-ons - devastated by injury?

And think...Reds get to entertain the Dodgers this weekend. Just another horribly lost season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?