Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: What moves could be made REALISTICALLY to improve this team immediately?

Re: What moves could be made REALISTICALLY to improve this team immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    False. I'm pushing back on your assertion that he CAN'T by merely suggesting he COULD, in some part because he has actually done it over the course of 1 season of ABs (I'd still love to know what the time period is where you consider it statistically significant). I didn't say it was expected. I also suggested that he can improve his K rate based on his previous performance. Again, not that it is expected.
    So your point is that Benson COULD continue his very high BABIP but it’s not expected. I think that’s what this says. Thanks for clarifying.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Is this assuming they are out of the playoff race? Or either way?
    It's assuming they are where they are now which is in last place in their division being carried by 3 young SP that may have to be protected and not overused down the stretch. It sounds pretty good saying they're only 1.5 back in the WC, but there's 6 teams ahead of them for that final WC spot. I think they could sell and buy at the deadline if they could move a few fringe guys like Wilson, Farmer, Fraley, etc for a decent return, while picking up someone they like who's a non rental(ala the Moll deal). If they are clearly out of it in late July I think they should listen on Diaz, Stephenson, India, and maybe even Cruz. I think they would have to be in a pretty good spot not to deal Montas if it's a big time sellers market. I'm about 55/45 sell to buy ATM so the next few weeks leading up to the ASB is crucial.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-20-2024),MoneyInTheBank (06-20-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    So your point is that Benson COULD continue his very high BABIP but it’s not expected. I think that’s what this says. Thanks for clarifying.
    Almost. I'm not putting expectations on him. I want to make that distinction because it's very different from "it's not expected"
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

I would pull the trigger on a Rooker trade now so you can add him and Marte concurrently. Im not willing to punt this year Add a solid bat and maybe a reliever and see what youve got.

I would see what a Benson, Ashcraft, third piece might net for a bat.

Re; Rooker, I feel like this team needs another 30+% K guy like it needs a hole in the head.

Damn sure donít want to mortgage anything for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-20-2024),Mitri (06-20-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post
    Re; Rooker, I feel like this team needs another 30+% K guy like it needs a hole in the head.

Damn sure don’t want to mortgage anything for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont think wed have to mortgage anything but a fair offer could nab him quick.

Id do Petty in a 1-1 or a pacakage of lesser like say Ashcraft, Hinds and a lotto

I think a move could be made with the White Sox, they are devoid of talent but do have some pieces that fit what we need. what about this trade:

White Sox trade- Tommy Pham RHOF, and Erick Fedde RHSP. Pham is the RH bat this offense sorely needs and Fedde solidifies the #5 spot in the rotation for the next 2 years.

reds trade- Jake Fraley, Carson Spiers, Rece Hinds

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    I think a move could be made with the White Sox, they are devoid of talent but do have some pieces that fit what we need. what about this trade:

White Sox trade- Tommy Pham RHOF, and Erick Fedde RHSP. Pham is the RH bat this offense sorely needs and Fedde solidifies the #5 spot in the rotation for the next 2 years.

reds trade- Jake Fraley, Carson Spiers, Rece Hinds
    I think they are going to want at least one legit prospect in return. I'd maybe swap out Aguiar for Spiers. Who knows? It's going to be such a sellers market, I can't wrap my head around any offers to be honest.

I like the targets though.

I could see Fredde fetching a ton this deadline with the ways he's pitching. His 2 year 15 million deal this off season might be the best value contract that was signed. The White Sox should definitely cash in, and I think you're looking at 2 top 10 in the system guys and a decent third piece to land him.

13. Likes:

camisadelgolf (06-23-2024),Marc D (06-22-2024)

If were gonna shop the White Sox lets do one stop.

Reds get:

- Robert Jr
    - Pham
    - Fedde

White Sox get:

- Pagan (salary offset)
    - Benson
    - Petty
    - Collier
    - Hinds

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    If were gonna shop the White Sox lets do one stop.

Reds get:

- Robert Jr
    - Pham
    - Fedde

White Sox get:

- Pagan (salary offset)
    - Benson
    - Petty
    - Collier
    - Hinds
    I'm worried about Roberts injury history, and I think Collier is going to be really good. He's only 19 and holding his own in A+ ball. I still think one of Benson/Fraley need to go the other way involving Fedde and Pham. If you want a real trade also consider this:

White Sox trade:

-Garrett Crochet
    -Pham

Reds trade:
    -Benson/Fraley
    -Hinds
    - Chase Petty
    - Graham Ashcraft

The Yankees acquired JD Davis who would be a better addition than keeping Martin at this point. Just for the fact he hits RH and has had a lot more success than Martin. Marte is not looking anywhere near ready. At this point you have to start making some more moves to help even on the margins.

Nothing. Itís a bunch of average hitters who your counting on having career years and they arenít.

18. Likes:

Falls City Beer (06-23-2024),OldFashionedRed (06-23-2024)

Build a time machine and pick up Gray, Cease, and a big bat for the outfield this past offseason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    Nothing. It’s a bunch of average hitters who your counting on having career years and they aren’t.
    Most well, well below average hitters. This is a pretty so so AAA offense.
    ďAnd when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.Ē Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Build a time machine and pick up Cease
    Cease is 6-6 with a 4.14 ERA. That’s pitching in Petco Park. Imagine if he were pitching in GABP.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

21. Likes:

TRF (06-24-2024)

Turn Off Ads?