Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: It's time to talk about Jonathan India

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: It's time to talk about Jonathan India

If I could flip India for prospects that I could then subsequently flip for let’s say, Ian Happ, I would absolutely do that. The odds of trading India for Happ straight up aren’t good, but the Cubs might be interested in prospects for him. Seiya Suzuki would also be dope.

Both of those guys are like more or less the platonic ideal of “the Jonathan India of outfielders”
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 07-09-2024 at 11:40 AM.

2. Likes:

Bunting Bad (07-09-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    If I could flip India for prospects that I could then subsequently flip for let’s say, Ian Happ, I would absolutely do that. The odds of trading India for Happ straight up aren’t good, but the Cubs might be interested in prospects for him. Seiya Suzuki would also be dope.

Both of those guys are like more or less the platonic ideal of “the Jonathan India of outfielders”
    I would do this also. The only problem is that Happ has a 3 year 60 million dollar contract that we know the Reds wouldn't want to be responsible for.

I was surprised to see how comparable India is to Chisolm from a 3rd team's perspective. India is a step below due to Chisolm's upside, but only just. Both are 3ish WAR guys projected forward. Both are reasonably well-rounded skill wise, though Chisolm is clearly the better raw athlete. They play decent but not stellar defense up the middle. And they're a year apart in age with 2 arb years left.

Not sure what to do with that info. No reason for the Marlins to be interested in India. But it helped me think about their respective value to both the Reds and in trade.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?