Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Caitlin Clark

Re: Caitlin Clark

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wn...tion&ci=585903

There must be absolutely no rules in the WNBA.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wn...tion&ci=585903

There must be absolutely no rules in the WNBA.
    Angel Reese should worry about her own game, it’s not that impressive. On the other hand, the Lynx are 13-3 and Naphessa Collier is at least a one level above Caitlin Clark. Just beat the Mercury with Griner and Taurasi, all time WNBA greats who had 17 points total.
    Last edited by Betterread; 06-23-2024 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    So in the community you live in, would you embrace it if the mayor announced that the most talented recent HS graduate would be providing enterprise level staff analysis of city government?
    It’s never been done before, and a talented HSer might have a lot of valuable insights. Politically it would be hard to imagine, especially if personnel decisions were made on the basis of the analysis.
    You got the biggest cash cow arguably in the history of the sport in the US blowing attendance and tv viewership out of the water and you're NOT going to have her do SOMETHING at the biggest world wide expose for the sport of women's basketball? Would her being on color make a difference in viewership totals for the Olympics in general? Probably not but those who do watch, you might attract a few more eyeballs after the Olympics are over. You never have too many people watching these events.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    You got the biggest cash cow arguably in the history of the sport in the US blowing attendance and tv viewership out of the water and you're NOT going to have her do SOMETHING at the biggest world wide expose for the sport of women's basketball? Would her being on color make a difference in viewership totals for the Olympics in general? Probably not but those who do watch, you might attract a few more eyeballs after the Olympics are over. You never have too many people watching these events.
    I would argue that women's basketball in the Olympics isn't the type of event you make it out to be. I would venture to guess the biggest events in the Summer Olympics are Swimming, Track, and Gymnastics. I am sure there will be some coverage on WBB but I hardly doubt its much to move the needle. Kinda like soccer in the Olympics, it just doesn't garner the eyeballs. Heck even men's BB since the dream team has pretty much been a foregone conclusion, and you have many of the top starts opting out.

Clark has pretty much been going non stop since October? Straight from the college game to the WNBA, without much of a break. She probably could use some rest, not a two week long trip to Paris.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-24-2024),M2 (06-24-2024),Revering4Blue (06-25-2024)

Has anybody laid out what would be in this for Caitlin? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    Money

So alienate a lot of your fellow professionals, keep your name in the dumbest national conversations, and miss out on a much-needed break all for a little money towards NBC's ratings game. Great idea!

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I would argue that women's basketball in the Olympics isn't the type of event you make it out to be. I would venture to guess the biggest events in the Summer Olympics are Swimming, Track, and Gymnastics. I am sure there will be some coverage on WBB but I hardly doubt its much to move the needle. Kinda like soccer in the Olympics, it just doesn't garner the eyeballs. Heck even men's BB since the dream team has pretty much been a foregone conclusion, and you have many of the top starts opting out.

Clark has pretty much been going non stop since October? Straight from the college game to the WNBA, without much of a break. She probably could use some rest, not a two week long trip to Paris.
    If she's wanting the break that's fine. I was responding more toward Betterread who compared her to a graduating high school senior being asked provide leadership on city government like it's in anyway an apt comparison. Athletes at that level tend to have a good finger on the pulse of the game. Granted some are great players but don't go into tv for a reason. I've not watched much of Caitlyn Clark but from interviews and stuff she seems humble and having a good basketball iq (outside of the occasional heat of the moment You Can't See Me or ring celebration). Why would you not want to give her the opportunity for more exposure if an agreement could be had.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...mes-worldwide/

3 billion people in a bad year watch the Olympics. Even if trend continues and only 2.9 billion watch it this year that's more opportunities to try and hook more people into seeing the likes of Caitlyn Clark, Angel Reese, etc.

She wouldn't be on set the entire time, take the break visiting the Paris highlights, make some extra money, make some extra friends, make/meet some more fans, make memories you won't get to in Iowa and Indiana.
    Last edited by Slyder; 06-25-2024 at 09:24 AM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

12. Likes:

Chip R (06-24-2024)

What great analysis does CC have to make about the WNBA? Right now she is a brain dead chucker on a bad team. I think she has a lot of room for growth in playing winning basketball.
    In terms of stats, she is closest to the league leaders in 3 pointers attempted (but not top 15 in %) and tops in the league in turnovers 5.6 a game.
    Sheís not close to the top in scoring.

So alienate a lot of your fellow professionals, keep your name in the dumbest national conversations, and miss out on a much-needed break all for a little money towards NBC's ratings game. Great idea!
    How is her being in the studio for the Olympic Games going to alienate her fellow pros? I would think it would alienate them more if they put her on the team. She doesn't have to say anything negative about the players. It will be a 2-3 week job for her then she can have the rest of the summer and all of the fall to rest and get ready for the 2025 season. The only people she might be making angry are any potential studio analysts that would have done that if she didn't.

In the same vein, I'm going to say that NBC should get Tiger to do Olympic golf if he's game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

What great analysis does CC have to make about the WNBA? Right now she is a brain dead chucker on a bad team. I think she has a lot of room for growth in playing winning basketball.
    In terms of stats, she is closest to the league leaders in 3 pointers attempted (but not top 15 in %) and tops in the league in turnovers 5.6 a game.
    She’s not close to the top in scoring.
    https://stats.wnba.com/players/tradi...gular%20Season

Top 3 in Assists? That doesn't quite scream to me braindead chucker.
    7th in Steals.
    Minimum 80 attempted 3s she's 6th of 17 in pct.

She does need to cleanup the turnovers but looking at the video it just seems like people who haven't had much time together and getting to know how they dish, where someone likes it, etc. Plus new league altogether.

William Arthur Ward

16. Likes:

Chip R (06-25-2024),dubc47834 (06-25-2024)

Minnesota Lynx beat NY Liberty 94-89 behind Bridget Carleton’s 23 and Napheesa Collier’s 21 to win the fourth Commissioner’s Cup.
    Breanna Stewart had 23 and Sabrina Ionescu had 21 for NY. Collier, Stewart and Ionescu are way better than CC, which is why their teams are winning.

https://stats.wnba.com/players/tradi...gular%20Season

Top 3 in Assists? That doesn't quite scream to me braindead chucker.
    7th in Steals.
    Minimum 80 attempted 3s she's 6th of 17 in pct.

She does need to cleanup the turnovers but looking at the video it just seems like people who haven't had much time together and getting to know how they dish, where someone likes it, etc. Plus new league altogether.
    Not 3rd in assists. Just stop with the misinformation. Her NBA comp is Trae Young, except his team wins more.
    Last edited by Betterread; 06-25-2024 at 11:02 PM.

Not 3rd in assists. Just stop with the misinformation. Her NBA comp is Trae Young, except his team wins more.
    Itís from WNBAs own statsÖ she has 119 assists, putting her behind Alyssa Thomas (124) and Sabrina Ionescu (120)Ö

Thatís as plain as I can make it. If you donít like her thatís fine but donít bs something so easy to research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Arthur Ward

20. Likes:

Chip R (06-26-2024)

It’s from WNBAs own stats… she has 119 assists, putting her behind Alyssa Thomas (124) and Sabrina Ionescu (120)…

That’s as plain as I can make it. If you don’t like her that’s fine but don’t bs something so easy to research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All stat leaders in Pro basketball are not raw numbers, but per game. Everyone knows this. You’re omitting Natasha Cloud, who is 2nd in per game assists but has played less games than the other leaders. You’re doing it to suit your argument. CC will improve. But she is not an elite WNBA player yet. When/if she gets there we all will know because if the hype machine connected with her.
    Whatever. I’m done with this.

Turn Off Ads?