3. C Bellinger (L) 1B
    4. C Morel (R) 3B
    5. I Happ (S) LF
    6. N Hoerner (R) 2B
    7. D Swanson (R) SS
    8. P Crow-Armstrong (L) CF
    9. M Amaya (R) C
    P. Javier Assad RHP
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-06-2024 at 04:21 PM.

2. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-06-2024),cumberlandreds (06-07-2024),KeefeCato (06-06-2024),LiferJim (06-06-2024),NebraskaRed (06-06-2024),Red Raindog (06-06-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6-6-24 Reds vs Cubs 7:10 PM

Assad is a tough pitcher...this is going to be a close, low-scoring game.

Good call Lewboski on Ashcraft yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    OK let's have nice clean Game Thread, keep those takes hot, watch your low blows, and go to the neutral corner you're told to

7. Likes:

malcontent (06-06-2024),NebraskaRed (06-06-2024),TheBigLebowski (06-06-2024)

6-6-24 Reds vs Cubs 7:10 PM

I agree, this looks to be a low scoring affair, but I like our chances with Hunter on the mound. We need the defense to step it up today, with no miscues. Forgot to add, no pickoffs either.

If the opportunity is there, may need to utilize the bunt to manufacture a run or two. (Ducking from Keefe and his heater, as I know how much he loves bunts) lol

Go Reds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LiferJim; 06-06-2024 at 05:44 PM.
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    His FIP is a run and a half a run higher than his ERA, time to even that up.
    Last edited by westofyou; 06-06-2024 at 06:24 PM.

10. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-06-2024)

Name:  53F62DF6-8DF9-434F-B0E5-D3BE9ED019D5.jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  126.4 KB

Not losing on my watch

12. Likes:

AlaskaReds (06-06-2024),KeefeCato (06-06-2024),Ky Fried Redleg (06-06-2024),LiferJim (06-06-2024),NebraskaRed (06-06-2024),Red Raindog (06-07-2024),Ron Madden (06-06-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    And since this is baseball we're talking about, look for about 24 runs and 30 hits in this one.
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Sarah Langs
    @SlangsOnSports

Follow

Elly De La Cruz, who made his MLB debut 1 year ago today, has 67 career stolen bases and 57 extra-base hits

he's the only player since 1900 with 65+ SB and 50+ extra-base hits within one year of his first game in the majors

h/t @EliasSports
    2:33 PM Jun 6, 2024

15. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-06-2024)

Lebowski is BIG for a reason. lol
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Sarah Langs
    @SlangsOnSports

Follow

Elly De La Cruz, who made his MLB debut 1 year ago today, has 67 career stolen bases and 57 extra-base hits

he's the only player since 1900 with 65+ SB and 50+ extra-base hits within one year of his first game in the majors

h/t @EliasSports
    2:33 PM Jun 6, 2024
    Send him to AAA

18. Likes:

AlaskaReds (06-06-2024),Ron Madden (06-06-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Alf_Red_E View Post
    OK let's have nice clean Game Thread, keep those takes hot, watch your low blows, and go to the neutral corner you're told to
    You was reading my mind(orI was reading yours...lol) . Was getting ready to post something similar. Let's send out positive vibes to the Universe tonight. Good thoughts from the start and believing good things are gonna manifest for our Redlegs tonight. Let's all do it. Lebowski, too. I'm a big believer that the first game of a series is the tone setter and is so important for setting the stage for a series win. Let's get this one, RZ. BELIEVE!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiferJim View Post
    I agree, this looks to be a low scoring affair, but I like our chances with Hunter on the mound. We need the defense to step it up today, with no miscues. Forgot to add, no pickoffs either.

If the opportunity is there, may need to utilize the bunt to manufacture a run or two. (Ducking from Keefe and his heater, as I know how much he loves bunts) lol

Go Reds!

I LOVE YOU , Old School !!!!
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    You was reading my mind(orI was reading yours...lol) . Was getting ready to post something similar. Let's send out positive vibes to the Universe tonight. Good thoughts from the start and believing good things are gonna manifest for our Redlegs tonight. Let's all do it. Lebowski, too. I'm a big believer that the first game of a series is the tone setter and is so important for setting the stage for a series win. Let's get this one, RZ. BELIEVE!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I LOVE YOU , Old School !!!!
    Im looking for Good Vibrations

Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

Send him to AAA
    Positive vibes only tonight, Keefer. No casting shade. Gonna be a big night. We all know Elly's gonna set a lot of records. We all want to see him in the middle of that Reds' lineup. Let's just enjoy.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by LiferJim View Post
    I’m looking for Good Vibrations

Oh, Beach Boys , I like !!! Lots of Good Vibrations from our Boys of Summer(Henley, back before he was a mime) tonight!!!
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Turn Off Ads?