Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 427

Thread: MLB Trade Deadline

  1. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,546

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Question with relievers is if you can get serious prospects in return. Underscore serious. At this stage, I would have no interest in a collection of “solid” or “pretty good” prospects for the Reds best relievers controllable next season.
    Cruz' 15 SO/9 is going to look awfully good to a playoff team looking for postseason RP. The asking price for Mason Miller will be astronomical, and none of the other likely available RP have the FIP and SO9 numbers that Cruz does. If a big offer isn't there you keep him for next year.

  2. Likes:

    Mitri (06-24-2024),Revering4Blue (06-24-2024),Ron Madden (06-24-2024)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    36,533

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Cruz' 15 SO/9 is going to look awfully good to a playoff team looking for postseason RP. The asking price for Mason Miller will be astronomical, and none of the other likely available RP have the FIP and SO9 numbers that Cruz does. If a big offer isn't there you keep him for next year.
    A top 100 MLB prospect? Top 125? Plus something else of value? That might get my interest for Cruz.

    Cruz is still pre-arb next year, would want a good package.

    Lot of deadline sellers are dumping salary. Cruz and Diaz are very different from that, want a real return.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-23-2024 at 01:32 PM.

  5. Likes:

    Ron Madden (06-24-2024)

  6. #108
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    23,598

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Pham ahead of deadline: I won't be traded if my struggles continue

    White Sox outfielder Tommy Pham will be shocked if he's still on the South Side after the July 30 trade deadline, and he wants to pick up his game so he can bring the team a nice return.

    https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2930584

  7. #109
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,448

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Cruz' 15 SO/9 is going to look awfully good to a playoff team looking for postseason RP. The asking price for Mason Miller will be astronomical, and none of the other likely available RP have the FIP and SO9 numbers that Cruz does. If a big offer isn't there you keep him for next year.
    This is a good point.

    I'd guess Cruz would be a popular guy. Sam Moll too, most likely. Opposing teams would have to offer up real prospects for each of them, but that'd be a relatively easy way to re-stock the farm. It might also allow Cincinnati to see what they have in Tony Santillan (who's dominating in Louisville) and perhaps try Connor Phillips in a relief role to get him restarted. I'd also look to deal Alexis Diaz, despite his poor season so far, in the hopes of finding a back-end top 100-125 prospect.

    I'm not sure if Krall could get a top 125 prospect out of either Moll or Cruz (despite their pre-arb status and exceptional numbers). Middle relief pitchers just don't often get those types of prospects.

    If I'm Krall, I'm targeting some of the following for my three relievers (plus free-agents-to-be Sims, Farmer, and Wilson):

    Atlanta Braves
    Drake Baldwin C AAA
    Drue Hackenberg SP Hi-A

    Baltimore Orioles
    Chayce McDermott SP AAA
    Dylan Beavers OF AA
    Connor Norby UT AAA/MLB

    New York Yankees
    Henry Lalane SP Low A

    Chicago Cubs
    James Triantos 2B AA
    Moises Ballesteros C AAA
    Alexander Canario OF AAA

    LA Dodgers
    Justin Wrobleski SP AAA
    Alex Freeland UT IF AA
    Eduardo Quintero OF ACL
    Samuel Sanchez SP ACL

    Cleveland Guardians
    Parker Messick SP AA

    Milwaukee Brewers
    Logan Henderson SP AA

    Philadelphia Phillies
    Andrew Painter SP AAA

    Pittsburgh Pirates
    Braxton Ashcraft SP AAA
    Tom Harrington SP AA
    Hunter Barco SP Hi-A

    San Diego Padres
    Adam Mazur SP AAA

    Seattle Mariners
    Emerson Hancock SP AAA

    St. Louis Cardinals
    Tink Hence SP AA
    Jimmy Crooks C AA

    Generally, I'd target upper level catchers (as the Reds have nothing at all until Alfredo Duno-- who's hurt-- at Low A) and SP with good control and high K rates. That said, perhaps finding a big bat with no position would also be a possible target. (Kyle Manzardo is probably too high on the prospect totem pole, but maybe you get him at a discount because the Guardians have already tried him and he's struggled.) Diego Cartaya (a C with precocious power and a 30 hit tool) is another possibility.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-24-2024 at 10:28 AM.

  8. Likes:

    Mitri (06-24-2024),Revering4Blue (06-24-2024)

  9. #110
    Member Mitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,346

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    I would try to hang onto Moll for a while, but I like the idea of shopping Cruz for a younger prospect or two.

  10. #111
    Go Reds Go! UKFlounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Question with relievers is if you can get serious prospects in return. Underscore serious. At this stage, I would have no interest in a collection of “solid” or “pretty good” prospects for the Reds best relievers controllable next season.
    Are we interested in prospects only or would a decent major leaguer, perhaps an outfielder, be acceptable? I know that wouldn’t be selling, but it might improve the team. (And, no, I don’t know any names. Maybe none are available. Others know better than i do.)

  11. #112
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    21,175

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Are we interested in prospects only or would a decent major leaguer, perhaps an outfielder, be acceptable? I know that wouldn’t be selling, but it might improve the team. (And, no, I don’t know any names. Maybe none are available. Others know better than i do.)
    Of course, but why would a contender trade a solid major league outfielder mid-season?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  12. Likes:

    UKFlounder (06-24-2024)

  13. #113
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    21,175

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    This is a good point.

    I'd guess Cruz would be a popular guy. Sam Moll too, most likely. Opposing teams would have to offer up real prospects for each of them, but that'd be a relatively easy way to re-stock the farm. It might also allow Cincinnati to see what they have in Tony Santillan (who's dominating in Louisville) and perhaps try Connor Phillips in a relief role to get him restarted. I'd also look to deal Alexis Diaz, despite his poor season so far, in the hopes of finding a back-end top 100-125 prospect.

    I'm not sure if Krall could get a top 125 prospect out of either Moll or Cruz (despite their pre-arb status and exceptional numbers). Middle relief pitchers just don't often get those types of prospects.

    If I'm Krall, I'm targeting some of the following for my three relievers (plus free-agents-to-be Sims, Farmer, and Wilson):

    Atlanta Braves
    Drake Baldwin C AAA
    Drue Hackenberg SP Hi-A

    Baltimore Orioles
    Chayce McDermott SP AAA
    Dylan Beavers OF AA
    Connor Norby UT AAA/MLB

    New York Yankees
    Henry Lalane SP Low A

    Chicago Cubs
    James Triantos 2B AA
    Moises Ballesteros C AAA
    Alexander Canario OF AAA

    LA Dodgers
    Justin Wrobleski SP AAA
    Alex Freeland UT IF AA
    Eduardo Quintero OF ACL
    Samuel Sanchez SP ACL

    Cleveland Guardians
    Parker Messick SP AA

    Milwaukee Brewers
    Logan Henderson SP AA

    Philadelphia Phillies
    Andrew Painter SP AAA

    Pittsburgh Pirates
    Braxton Ashcraft SP AAA
    Tom Harrington SP AA
    Hunter Barco SP Hi-A

    San Diego Padres
    Adam Mazur SP AAA

    Seattle Mariners
    Emerson Hancock SP AAA

    St. Louis Cardinals
    Tink Hence SP AA
    Jimmy Crooks C AA

    Generally, I'd target upper level catchers (as the Reds have nothing at all until Alfredo Duno-- who's hurt-- at Low A) and SP with good control and high K rates. That said, perhaps finding a big bat with no position would also be a possible target. (Kyle Manzardo is probably too high on the prospect totem pole, but maybe you get him at a discount because the Guardians have already tried him and he's struggled.) Diego Cartaya (a C with precocious power and a 30 hit tool) is another possibility.
    I think the Guardians match up well

    Fraley and Cruz for some of their close to the major prospects.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  14. #114
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    18,525

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Given his age and controllable years, I would ride Cruz until he's no longer effective.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

  15. Likes:

    Kc61 (06-24-2024),KeefeCato (06-24-2024)

  16. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,546

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    The Yankees have to be in win now mode with Soto not being signed past 2024. The dream scenario for a seller would probably be getting them and Baltimore in a bidding war for one or two of your trade chips. That's the closest division race in MLB, and will likely be a dog fight all year.

  17. #116
    Member Marc D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    The Yankees have to be in win now mode with Soto not being signed past 2024. The dream scenario for a seller would probably be getting them and Baltimore in a bidding war for one or two of your trade chips. That's the closest division race in MLB, and will likely be a dog fight all year.
    There was an article on MLBTR today about how the O's are starting to have too many good position players and not enough roster spots (not the first time this has come up by any stretch).

    They have also had some injuries in the rotation and to the above point about their need to win now, every contender needs more pitching.

    Baltimore is far and away the best fit for us if we traded Montas and/or any of the relivers. They have near MLB ready or MLB ready talent to fill our OF void(s) until the next wave of pipeline talent from the farm comes in '26ish.

  18. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    36,533

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Are we interested in prospects only or would a decent major leaguer, perhaps an outfielder, be acceptable? I know that wouldn’t be selling, but it might improve the team. (And, no, I don’t know any names. Maybe none are available. Others know better than i do.)
    At the deadline the currency is usually prospects. Buyers are not usually trading good established players when they are in a pennant drive.

    Further, aren’t you sick of “decent” major leaguers? I don’t want a “decent” major leaguer. I’d rather hold onto my good relievers.

  19. Likes:

    RiverRat13 (06-24-2024),UKFlounder (06-24-2024)

  20. #118
    Member KeefeCato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,459

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Given his age and controllable years, I would ride Cruz until he's no longer effective.
    Exactly. Cruz is someone they should keep. All teams know his age and despite his low salary due to his age you aren't getting much value for him in return. This may be his last effective season or he might have 2-3 more good years left. Regardless I'd keep him unless a team gives a crazy good offer which is highly unlikely.

  21. #119
    Member KeefeCato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,459

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    At the deadline if the Reds feel they are out of it and Montas and Pagan are healthy they should deal them for lottery ticket prospects.
    But they should also be looking for veteran players who could help them in 25.
    A deal like they made in 19 for Bauer. Maybe they have to deal Steer or even Candy away but if that would fetch a Bonifide major league Outfielder. Do it. The OF needs a makeover. They can afford to lose a infielder/DH bat if they get a everyday good OFer back in return. They wouldn't be selling or buying in that deal. Just trading surplus for a need.
    They will have enough infielders in 25 provided they don't go through multiple IL or suspensions again next spring.

  22. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Posts
    12,716

    Re: MLB Trade Deadline

    From the Athletic:

    Cincinnati Reds (36-41)

    Biggest need: Offense

    The proposed move: Reds trade 3B Cam Collier, RHP Lyon Richardson, RHP Chase Petty and OF Will Benson to White Sox for CF Luis Robert Jr.

    The Reds need to improve their offense and could receive a boost on that front when Noelvi Marte returns from his 80-game PED suspension; the 22-year-old will be eligible to rejoin the big-league club later this week. However, that addition probably won’t be enough considering second baseman Matt McLain and first baseman Christian Encarnacion-Strand remain on the IL. Therefore, entering the trade market makes sense for the Reds and landing a power bat like Robert from Chicago makes sense too, since he also brings base-stealing speed and above-average defense to fortify their center field position. Robert, 26, belted 38 home runs last year and stole 20 bases in 24 attempts. This year, he’s been limited to just 24 games due to injury and has struggled, slashing .191/.265/.472 with seven home runs and 36 strikeouts in 89 at-bats. He’s under team control through 2027 with salaries of $12.5 million this year, $15 million next year and club options at $20 million a year for 2026 and 2027.

    In return, the White Sox would receive two former Reds first-round picks, Collier and Petty, who are ranked fourth and sixth, respectively, among their top prospects by MLB Pipeline, along with Richardson, who ranks 14th and is pitching at Triple A, and Benson, who has struggled this year but last year had an .863 OPS in 287 at-bats.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

  23. Likes:

    BEETTLEBUG (06-25-2024)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator