Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's Hot? Who's Not? Mid-June Edition

Re: Who's Hot? Who's Not? Mid-June Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
    Connor Philips with another poor outing. 4 IP, 4 hits, 3 hr's, 6 ER, 3BB and 4K's. Season ERA now over 10...

That said, I've been told that srikeouts are more indicative of prospect pitching than ERA. So, his 8.4 rate should have him in the majors soon...
    Can you please stop with this strawman? Really not what was said. Am I on here saying Phillips is fine? No. Lowder is absolutely fine, though. Itís ok to admit you were wrong.

Phillips had 4 strikeouts in that performance, so whatever the point you think you are making ainít there.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
    Connor Philips with another poor outing. 4 IP, 4 hits, 3 hr's, 6 ER, 3BB and 4K's. Season ERA now over 10...

That said, I've been told that srikeouts are more indicative of prospect pitching than ERA. So, his 8.4 rate should have him in the majors soon...
    When it comes to strikeout rate, strikeout percentage is a lot more helpful than strikeouts per 9 innings pitched. It's easier to have a higher K/9 when you put a lot more players on base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Stop quoting me on things I never said.

4. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-20-2024),RiverRat13 (06-21-2024)

Even though Allen is 0 for his last 20, I believe he will turn that around and when he puts together 3 weeks of .800 OPS hitting again, they'll bring him up on that positive note. My guess is August 1st.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Can you please stop with this strawman? Really not what was said. Am I on here saying Phillips is fine? No. Lowder is absolutely fine, though. It’s ok to admit you were wrong.

Phillips had 4 strikeouts in that performance, so whatever the point you think you are making ain’t there.
    Cool.

Marte isn't exactly lighting it up at AAA in his first 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    Then heíll fit right in.

9. Likes:

mgbrown66 (06-21-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    There's no plate discipline. He's swinging at everything within 6 inches of the zone.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Lowderís peripherals at AA seem fine but with a very high BABIP against him of .410. Part of that BABIP could be the high line drive rate against Rhett so far at AA. However, his FIP is way less than ERA - FIP only 3.67, ERA over 7. That big an ERA - FIP gap undoubtedly reflects some bad luck (and perhaps bad defense) on balls hit in play. Just not enough innings to draw any conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Lowder’s peripherals at AA seem fine but with a very high BABIP against him of .410. Part of that BABIP could be the high line drive rate against Rhett so far at AA. However, his FIP is way less than ERA - FIP only 3.67, ERA over 7. That big an ERA - FIP gap undoubtedly reflects some bad luck (and perhaps bad defense) on balls hit in play. Just not enough innings to draw any conclusions.
    In yesterday's game he gave up 2hrs, 2 2b and a triple over 8 hits. None were bleeders. The game before he was hit hard as well but also had an inning where the defense imploded and he was at nearly 40 pitches in that inning when he was taken out.

I've watched 4 of his AA starts and 2 of the A starts. A few seeing eye singles in there and some "minors' defense tossed in but also a lot of hard hit balls and extra base hits.

He came advertised with a great change up. That's where he's getting most of his K's. His FB is what's getting hit it seems.

Across most of the minors pitchers are seemingly having issues for us. The second half it may turn around for all or at least some of them.

Meanwhile Aguiar is in AAA now and tossing a nice game in the 4th inning.

EDIT:.... and 5 seconds after I say that he gives up a 2 run HR after and error. He ended his night with 5IP, 4 hits 0ER 0BB and 2 strikeouts. He gave up a 2 run HR but after an error by Marte with 2 out.
    Last edited by Dave C; 06-22-2024 at 08:41 PM.

Turn Off Ads?