Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another season of "Wait until next year...

Re: Another season of "Wait until next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Our beloved Redlegs last won a playoff series right around the same time the O.J. Simpson trial concluded. If that same amount of time passes before we win another playoff series, we'll be looking at 2053. "Wait til that year," I guess.
    I'm a patient man. Retired. Got nothing better to do (besides golfing). LOL

Plenty of ball left, and this division is so winnable. This FO won't make any "sizable" moves at the TD IMO. Remember, they're in this process of "developing" these young prospects, and this takes time. They'll see getting Marte back as good as any TD acquistion that would cost them prospects. That's just how this FO thinks.

I watch and enjoy baseball. Don't get too worked up about it anymore. But I do yell at the TV watching these young hitters at the plate letting great pitches go by, end up in the hole, and all advantage is now the pitcher's, who busts them with breaking stuff either low and away or inside.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-21-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Interest Q&A with Krall in the Enquirer this am. This time line quote caught my attention and made me say hmm.

Is there more to learn about what this year's team is before you make a
    final decision on how aggressively you'd pursue a player on an expiring contract?

At the end of the day, we've played well enough to be in a Wild Card spot.
    We're not (following Wednesday's game). We're slightly out. We're still under.500. We need to continue to bank wins and get better. That's going to be a big thing. We've got to continue to improve. We've got six weeks to do that. We've got to continue to move forward.
    I learn by going where I have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Interest Q&A with Krall in the Enquirer this am. This time line quote caught my attention and made me say hmm.
    He’s obviously pointing to the trade deadline. One would hope someday Reds will know by late June if they’re contending. With the answer typically being yes.

Read the article, good answers by Krall, sensible, future looks bright, but it’s a process.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-21-2024 at 10:16 AM.

6. Likes:

Marc D (06-21-2024),Old school 1983 (06-21-2024),Roy Tucker (06-21-2024)

Exactly. They have to be looking pretty hard at the trade deadline, right?

If the Reds can string together a few wins and get to .500, fingers crossed, they may be able to offer Bell another contract extension at the deadline.
    I believe there is a special place in hell for people that buy entities that others "root for" and treat it like any other regular business from a profit/loss standpoint.

8. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-21-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Marte's adrenaline is going to be off the charts upon his return in St. Louis. That energy will help.
    Let's hope his adrenaline is the only level off charts or we lose him for a full year.

10. Likes:

dfs (06-21-2024),Kingspoint (06-21-2024),Marc D (06-21-2024),Revering4Blue (06-21-2024)

18 teams are below .500 right now.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

12. Likes:

757690 (06-21-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    18 teams are below .500 right now.
    And 8 of them are in the thick of the NL Wild Card race.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

14. Likes:

757690 (06-21-2024),GAC (06-22-2024),Marc D (06-21-2024),Revering4Blue (06-21-2024)

There will only be 5 definite sellers, A’s, Rockies, White Sox, Marlins and Angels. That means 25 possible buyers. This might be the most extreme seller’s market ever.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Generally, I'm okay as long as they play 500ish baseball and flirt with a WC spot until football season arrives. Anything more than that is a bonus. Anything less than that makes for a long summer.

“The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

18. Likes:

Marc D (06-21-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    REDS are at home for the next 6 games. That means a couple of Candelario HR's. Elly's hitting better. Friedl will be back. We should be able to score at least 3 runs each day and that should give us a chance to win 5 of 6 and get to 40-40 after 80 games. Then we get Marte (who has been swinging at every pitch within 6 inches of the strike zone since his first PA in Louisville and seems determined to hit the ground swinging....he won't be looking at any called-3rd-strikes, but he also won't walk...personally, I think he just hates being in Louisville and views it as part of his punishment and that he'll finally feel normal again when he puts on that REDS' uniform and gets into a game).

Marte's adrenaline is going to be off the charts upon his return in St. Louis. That energy will help.
    Maybe more than a couple.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

20. Likes:

wlf WV (06-22-2024),WrongVerb (06-21-2024)

Pretty sure, after this series with the Sox, REd's home attendance will pass 1M.

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-22-2024)

Turn Off Ads?