Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Donald Sutherland

RIP Donald Sutherland

Donald Sutherland who played Hawkeye Pierce in the movie MASH has passed away at age 88. He was in many movies. Most I don't know or have never seen. He was also a great baseball fan. I remember him narrating a film about the Hall of Fame that was regularly shown during ESPN's early days. I had recorded it on VHS but that tape has long since broke. I did find an abbreviated version of it on youtube. It's called The Game and Its Glory. RIP Donald Sutherland.

https://wtop.com/entertainment/2024/...es-dies-at-88/
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 06-20-2024 at 02:22 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-20-2024),texasdave (06-20-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Donald Sutherland

Are they sure it was him?

Sutherland's from the Michael Caine and Gene Hackman school of "If he's in it, then it's probably pretty watchable." Sad that he's gone, but A+ job on living a full life.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Mitri (06-20-2024),RedsBaron (06-20-2024),RedTeamGo! (06-20-2024),Revering4Blue (06-20-2024),RichRed (06-21-2024)

I’ll remember him as Hawkeye Pierce in the movie “M.A.S.H.,” the hippie tank commander in “Kelly’s Heroes” and the stoned professor in “Animal House.”
    I learn by going where I have to go.

7. Likes:

moewan (06-22-2024),RedTeamGo! (06-20-2024)

Loved Donald. In a lot of stuff, pops up randomly.

Oddly enough one of his most memorable performances for me was the pyromaniac in Backdraft. Him and Deniro going toe to toe is pretty incredible to watch, even if its just a silly popcorn flick.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

RIP. Pretty great career.

Turn Off Ads?