Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harmonies: What Groups or Duos Were Your Favorite For Being Great Harmonizers?

Harmonies: What Groups or Duos Were Your Favorite For Being Great Harmonizers?

I've always loves great harmonies. Do you have a personal favorite act that could harmonize with the best of them? I'll start and you can add some of yours.

Three guys.

Three Martin Guitars.

Damn Near Perfection...

Same group. Same Song. In Concert. Same Perfection.

" Harmony and me , we're pretty good company." ---Elton John

Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 06-21-2024 at 03:38 AM.
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Harmonies: What Groups or Duos Were Your Favorite For Being Great Harmonizers?

Poco created the country-rock sound that the Eagles and others made famous. In fact, were it not for Poco, there might have never been the eagles. Damn you, Poco. Just some sublime harmonies right here:

Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

4. Likes:

LiferJim (06-21-2024)

Re: Harmonies: What Groups or Duos Were Your Favorite For Being Great Harmonizers?

Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

6. Likes:

Powel Crosley (06-25-2024)

https://youtu.be/l3LFML_pxlY?si=aOg_Af7U0XXcy1B4

Loved these twos harmonies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

In case you haven't heard it.

Emmylou Harris = Greatest harmony singer ever.

Not gonna post about the Beach Boys because you already know. Good Vibrations may not be the best song ever, but it's up there in the conversation.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

9. Likes:

Chip R (06-21-2024)

11. Likes:

GAC (07-03-2024)

13. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (06-21-2024),pedro (06-21-2024)

Yes. I've Seen All Good People.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Poco created the country-rock sound that the Eagles and others made famous. In fact, were it not for Poco, there might have never been the eagles. Damn you, Poco. Just some sublime harmonies right here:

You can put the blame directly on Linda Ronstadt for the Eagles. That is, if you aren't a fan of that particular band.

From an online article:
    Destiny would soon strike in the form of Souther’s girlfriend, Linda Ronstadt, who was establishing a solo career after breaking out with the Stone Poneys in 1967 with “Different Drum.” Needing a band for a tour in 1971, Ronstadt hired Frey as a guitar player and the Texas-born drummer from another former Amos act called Shiloh, Don Henley. The musical chemistry between Henley and Frey was instant, and while on the road, they decided to form a band, with Ronstadt giving them her blessing.

The tour ended, but Ronstadt had a gig at Disneyland coming up in July. For that date, Henley and Frey were rounded out by two men who had considerable experience with country-rock: Bernie Leadon, who had been in the Flying Burrito Brothers, and bassist Randy Meisner from Poco. The Eagles were born.

Read More: The History of Country-Rock: From '70s Laurel Canyon to '80s Heartland | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/coun...edium=referral
    If you want to take that a step further, blame Michael Nesmith of the Monkees for the Eagles existence. Ronstadt was in a group called the Stone Poneys. Their only song that was even close to being a hit was "Different Drum". That was written by Nesmith before he glammed on to the Monkees. Linda used the success of that song to launch a solo career, which precipitated the need for a backup band. That backup band was, essentially, the start of the Eagles. Will the circle be unbroken.

16. Likes:

RedsBaron (06-23-2024)

These guys could hit the high 3 part harmony's like none other. This video is particularly impressive because there is no sound man mixing them on a multi-track board.

I learn by going where I have to go.

These guys were known for harmonizing a little: The Beach Boys - In My Room

20. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (06-22-2024),Powel Crosley (06-25-2024)

Big fan of these young guys:

When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    You can put the blame directly on Linda Ronstadt for the Eagles. That is, if you aren't a fan of that particular band.

From an online article:

If you want to take that a step further, blame Michael Nesmith of the Monkees for the Eagles existence. Ronstadt was in a group called the Stone Poneys. Their only song that was even close to being a hit was "Different Drum". That was written by Nesmith before he glammed on to the Monkees. Linda used the success of that song to launch a solo career, which precipitated the need for a backup band. That backup band was, essentially, the start of the Eagles. Will the circle be unbroken.
    I've been a fan of the Eagles since the mid-70's( that is, until morphed into mimes). $500 for a mime show--- I'll pass. Back in the day The Eagles could do some pretty fine harmonizing, as well.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

23. Likes:

Roy Tucker (06-22-2024)

Saw these guys about 15 years ago in my town at an outdoor venue. Was blown away by how good they sounded live. Great, great harmonies.

---- Bill Vaughn

Turn Off Ads?