Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If You Could Dream Up a Duet From the Past What Two Artists Would You Choose?

If You Could Dream Up a Duet From the Past What Two Artists Would You Choose?

I was thinking the other day about singers/performers that I wish has teamed up to make some beautiful music together before time and/or death caught up with them. What tandem would you have liked to have heard perform together. Your two artists can be from the same era or very different eras.

The first two names that I thought of was Karen Carpenter and Dan Fogelberg. In my mind, they had the two purist voices of the rock era. Just sublime vocal instruments. I can only dream about what they would have sounded like together.

DAN:

KAREN :

Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 06-21-2024 at 03:48 AM.
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Likes:

LiferJim (06-21-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

If You Could Dream Up a Duet From the Past What Two Artists Would You Choose?

How about these two greats. Talk about pipes!

https://youtu.be/KZ64T6gEdC4?si=dCqGWt0sh5a3tFAu

https://youtu.be/u9sq3ME0JHQ?si=ccwtqbE4nqGBvtXR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

Re: If You Could Dream Up a Duet From the Past What Two Artists Would You Choose?

Freddie Mercury and Maurice White

Two great writers, producers and singers who both did everything with perfection.

Might be a couple of high notes reached.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-24-2024 at 12:50 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Re: If You Could Dream Up a Duet From the Past What Two Artists Would You Choose?

Alice Faye & Bing Crosby

Alice Faye was a Crooner and a better Crooner than Bing Crosby.

Alice Faye is the greatest singer of all-time. There is nothing she couldn't do with her voice. Every facial expression and note gushed sexiness as she sang. She introduced as many hits from movies as Judy Garland and Doris Day combined (23 to 24). No instrument was ever needed with her voice.

Alice Faye and Bing Crosby would be able to put magic together with their voices that no two human beings ever born would have been able to do.

Irving Berlin said of Alice Faye, "I would always want Alice Faye, more than any other singer, to introduce a song of mine to the public".

No person has sung like her before her. No person has sung like her ever since.

It didn't hurt that Alice Faye is the most attractive singer I've ever seen.

While in her teens, Alice Faye was the nation's most popular singer. She was born in 1915 in Hell's Kitchen and found stardom after joining Rudy Vallee's band (at the age of 15). Vallee found her in George White's chorus in the middle of nightclubs frequented by gangsters during prohibition. "If you had looks, you either worked the stage or the streets."

During the heyday of the greatest movies from '36-'39, she was the #1 overall for those years' box office attraction. For some reason [she probably turned down Henry Fonda (they made one movie together) or something and Jane Fonda always resented her for it] TCM has always ignored her movies, rarely showing them, and only showing them because they are trying to show Carmen Miranda, or something to that effect. Alice single-handedly saved Fox Studio. Going on five years as a top box-office draw, she stopped making movies for 2 years at the age of 25 to have a child. Always in some pretty badly written movies, she returned to a good role in "Hello, Frisco, Hello", and then the Studio boss got back at her for leaving to have a child. She walked away from Hollywood at the age of 29 because the studio head cut out a ton of her scenes in a 1945 movie and highlighted Linda Darnell (obviously sleeping with someone, probably the Studio head).

Darnell blindly trusted her boss, studio executive Darryl F. Zanuck, who cast her in her first film. She didn't realize until much later that Zanuck harbored an unhealthy obsession for her. In truth, he was a total creep and pursued Darnell even though he knew she was underage. He was also expertly manipulative, casting her in good roles whenever she proved pleasant and agreeable.

She got in her car and tossed her studio keys to the security guard and never came back. Spent the next decade doing radio with her husband.

TCM refuses to respond why they won't play her movies.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-24-2024 at 01:45 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?