Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Elly: Another Example Of How We Don't Seem To Do Stars Well In Cincinnati

Re: Elly: Another Example Of How We Don't Seem To Do Stars Well In Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Keep cherrypicking, lol. Maybe it wasn't worded properly, but you knew what I was talking about. We've got a coaching staff and ownership okay with the status quo, with being the boot-lickers. The competitive culture of this organization is awful.
    The subject of the thread is about fans being too hard on local players, your response was a dig at them about how "they aren't serious" in the dugout.

Funny as hell

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-23-2024),KeefeCato (06-23-2024),Ron Madden (06-23-2024),Roy Tucker (06-24-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The subject of the thread is about fans being too hard on local players, your response was a dig at them about how "they aren't serious" in the dugout.

Funny as hell
    Elly hit a HR yesterday while his shirt was unbuttoned enough to show his chest hair and dangling chains. I guess he would have hit it farther if he have been all buttoned up. Or something.

People can't enjoy a good thing when it comes their way. Always have to interject personal judgments as though those matter one iota.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-23-2024),Ron Madden (06-23-2024)

Keep cherrypicking, lol. Maybe it wasn't worded properly, but you knew what I was talking about. We've got a coaching staff and ownership okay with the status quo, with being the boot-lickers. The competitive culture of this organization is awful.

Go watch any game in the last several years. These guys now do dances and hands in the air like they just donít care towards the dugout after singles let alone doubles. Yelling at their bench after a Homer. Just like football players after making a tackle on every play 10 yards down the field. Itís cheesy and stupid to me. I blame Sean Casey and his jump jump celebrations from 1999 that started this whole breakdown of baseball societal norms.

I would prefer acting like youíve been there like Scott Rolen and his put your head down running around the bases. I would welcome someone doing that. Which is ironic because in the 70s I loved Reggie and his posturing. Because he was an outlier. And he backed it up. I enjoy outliers in personality rather than following the crowd and phony celebration BS that looks contrived.

Donít get me started on those end zone celebrations in football. I mean WTF is that crap after just one or any insignificant play.

I live outside Cincy and still certainly think positively of Elly. Sure there's ways he can still improve but he is young enough to learn through experience.

Per that article yeah it seems I guess fans locally might be too hard on him and other players. But there is the flip side to that as well. Like Buffalo for example which is another small market sports city. Josh Allen is like beloved by Buffalo Bills fans. To the point he can never do anything wrong. He's a great talent but that can get annoying as well.

8. Likes:

LiferJim (06-23-2024)

I hate watching young people have fun playing games they love.

Unless they’ve served in the military they should be respectful under the American flag. They can let loose in Canada and London. Hurtubise is allowed to get wild and celebrate each game.

10. Likes:

M2 (06-23-2024),Marc D (06-23-2024),RiverRat13 (06-24-2024)

We've had A LOT of "long damn seasons", that's the problem. That's infuriating. The players are to blame for this, not the fans. We've also not been to the playoffs in a very long time, and even longer since we actually did anything in the playoffs. That's just sad. Seems the opposite of what the opening quote is suggesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if these stars took their job more seriously in the dugout and in front of the cameras, then fans would too. It's one big circus.
    Remember, this is the same person who was complaining about the end of the reserve clause and the introduction of free agency last year.

12. Likes:

Chip R (06-25-2024),KeefeCato (06-23-2024),Ron Madden (06-23-2024),westofyou (06-23-2024)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think the players should have to live in kennels in the clubhouse, where they stay until it’s gametime, and for occasional walks and treats (unless they struck out and didn’t assault any inanimate objects in the dugout)

14. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-23-2024),RedTeamGo! (06-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think the players should have to live in kennels in the clubhouse, where they stay until itís gametime, and for occasional walks and treats (unless they struck out and didnít assault any inanimate objects in the dugout)
    What kind of treats?

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
    I live outside Cincy and still certainly think positively of Elly. Sure there's ways he can still improve but he is young enough to learn through experience.

Per that article yeah it seems I guess fans locally might be too hard on him and other players. But there is the flip side to that as well. Like Buffalo for example which is another small market sports city. Josh Allen is like beloved by Buffalo Bills fans. To the point he can never do anything wrong. He's a great talent but that can get annoying as well.

Thatís funny about Allen. You go read a Bills forums and he has never had any help or any weapons while Burrow is loaded with them and he should not be mentioned in the same sphere as Josh. Itís Josh and Mahones only one who can be placed above him. Head to head does not matter. Burrow had all the weapons. Conveniently missed is a bottom 10 OL and TE group. They look at Chase. Tee. And thatís it. Mixon is some great RB. Average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    That’s funny about Allen. You go read a Bills forums and he has never had any help or any weapons while Burrow is loaded with them and he should not be mentioned in the same sphere as Josh. It’s Josh and Mahones only one who can be placed above him. Head to head does not matter. Burrow had all the weapons. Conveniently missed is a bottom 10 OL and TE group. They look at Chase. Tee. And that’s it. Mixon is some great RB. Average at best.
    Yeah I like the Bills but the fanbase can be a bit much sometimes.

18. Likes:

Puffy (07-03-2024)

I don’t live in Ohio but I don’t see the criticism. He’s not an MVP candidate but he’s 22 and has potential to be an MVP. He’s a bright spot in the roster from what I’ve seen. I thought he just struggle more this year. Unfortunately it’s the whole rest of the roster that’s struggled.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

When do we get the article about how poorly this franchise treats its fans?
    ďThe crows seem to be calling my name,Ē thought Caw.

21. Likes:

Falls City Beer (06-23-2024),LiferJim (06-24-2024),mth123 (06-23-2024),ochoa30 (06-23-2024),Revering4Blue (06-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    When do we get the article about how poorly this franchise treats its fans?

Name:  IMG_4413.jpeg
Views: 122
Size:  72.7 KB

23. Likes:

Chip R (06-25-2024),Revering4Blue (06-23-2024),TheBigLebowski (06-23-2024)

If the Reds were a good team that won consistently, no one would care about Elly’s errors.
    ďAnd when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.Ē Jamie Galbraith

25. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-23-2024)

Statcast loves Elly's defense, and he's currently 7th for SS.

27. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-23-2024),M2 (06-23-2024),Ron Madden (06-23-2024)

Turn Off Ads?