Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 211 to 217 of 217

Thread: 6-25-24 Reds vs Pirates 7:10PM

  1. #211
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    4,648

    Re: 6-25-24 Reds vs Pirates 7:10PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Maybe I'm a little biased against Hunter. He's not a favorite player of mine, and that's an understatement. Still, I'd be shocked if he doesn't throw a couple of no-hitters before his career is done. In some respects, he reminds me of Homer Bailey. Has great stuff, but if he doesn't realize the potential that we think he should, it will probably be because of Hunter's mindset. Pure speculation on my part, but he seems like he might be a bit on the stubborn side and have some of Homer's entitled attitude. Hope I'm wrong because he sure has potential to be a dandy.
    I mean, go look at his numbers and try to remember he's pitching in GAB and then look again. He's having a great year and it's still only his age 24 season.

  2. Likes:

    KeefeCato (06-26-2024),Ron Madden (06-26-2024)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #212
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mid Atlantic, USA
    Posts
    16,435

    Re: 6-25-24 Reds vs Pirates 7:10PM

    Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    I mean, go look at his numbers and try to remember he's pitching in GAB and then look again. He's having a great year and it's still only his age 24 season.
    He has massively improved this season but because he is the highest paid player on the team and isn't pitching to perfection every game he is a bum in some peoples eyes. The only reason I can surmise that people think this way is their are very jealous of the huge amount of money he makes?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  5. Likes:

    KeefeCato (06-26-2024),Ron Madden (06-26-2024)

  6. #213
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    21,154

    Re: 6-25-24 Reds vs Pirates 7:10PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Maybe I'm a little biased against Hunter. He's not a favorite player of mine, and that's an understatement. Still, I'd be shocked if he doesn't throw a couple of no-hitters before his career is done. In some respects, he reminds me of Homer Bailey. Has great stuff, but if he doesn't realize the potential that we think he should, it will probably be because of Hunter's mindset. Pure speculation on my part, but he seems like he might be a bit on the stubborn side and have some of Homer's entitled attitude. Hope I'm wrong because he sure has potential to be a dandy.
    If you are complaining about Hunter Greene's performance this year you are legit insane.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  7. Likes:

    KeefeCato (06-26-2024),LeatherPants (06-26-2024),NebraskaRed (06-26-2024),Ron Madden (06-26-2024)

  8. #214
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    4,648

    Re: 6-25-24 Reds vs Pirates 7:10PM

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    He has massively improved this season but because he is the highest paid player on the team and isn't pitching to perfection every game he is a bum in some peoples eyes. The only reason I can surmise that people think this way is their are very jealous of the huge amount of money he makes?
    He's not even the highest paid player on the team this season, not even close.

  9. Likes:

    KeefeCato (06-26-2024),Ron Madden (06-26-2024)

  10. #215
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mid Atlantic, USA
    Posts
    16,435

    Re: 6-25-24 Reds vs Pirates 7:10PM

    Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    He's not even the highest paid player on the team this season, not even close.
    I don't know who is being paid what because I don't really care. But I find it almost amusing how much it bothers some people.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  11. Likes:

    KeefeCato (06-26-2024),Revering4Blue (06-26-2024),Ron Madden (06-26-2024)

  12. #216
    Member KeefeCato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,406

    Re: 6-25-24 Reds vs Pirates 7:10PM

    I still wish all pro sports wouldn't make athletes salaries public.
    Again why do we need to know this? They don't walk up to the fans and ask How much do you make at your job.
    Fine showing total payroll but leave it at that. No need to break it down individually.

  13. #217
    Member KeefeCato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,406

    Re: 6-25-24 Reds vs Pirates 7:10PM

    Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Looks like it'll be a massive bargain.

    24th in the majors in IP, has a sub 4.00 ERA (3.79) while pitching his home games in GAB. Strikes out 10 per 9/IP and gives up less than 1 HR per 9. Not sure what's not to like.
    Every single team in the majors would love to have Hunter Greene for that salary.
    It's a steal. And everyone who knows baseball knows its a steal.

  14. Likes:

    Ron Madden (06-26-2024)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator