Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/22 - Larkin News Conference at 7 PM

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar
    now it sez on espn news that it is coming up

2. Turn Off Ads?
    It will be an extremely sad for me if he retires. Not so much because I don't think it's time, but because he is my all-time favorite player. He is the most under-appreciated player in the history of the game.

Barry is class and professionalism personified. He deserves so much better than what he's gotten from this organization (contract aside) in the twilight of his career.

If it's retirement, I don't think I'll be able to hold back the tears.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Just wondering, did it go this way ??????

Lark asked for 1-year @ $500,000 and John Allen said, "No, we cant break the bank for you, Barry."

The Reds are classless. No doubt. Period.
    Last edited by LINEDRIVER; 09-22-2003 at 07:11 PM.

It's on local tv now... they're waiting for John Allen.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

"Since I can only play in 20% of the games, I'm switching to a position where that's a positive! Next year I'm a starting pitcher !!"
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

John Allen is doing it, not Barry. It's coming on now.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    If Allen is making the comments then this will not be good.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    What a PR move... Throwing it all on Barry. WOW!!

My guess is 1 Year 500k-750k. Knowing Barry would not accept. Allen is garbage.

John Allen is an ass!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

John Allen is awful in front of the camera. the guy has no emotion at all. I'm starting to wonder if the guy is anything more than a machine.

This news conference is unnecessary and a slap in the face to Barry. If Allen remains with the Reds one more minute it will be too long.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Allen said they offered Barry a one-year contract on Saturday and then Monday (to his agent) and then he spoke with Barry. Barry also spoke with Lindnder, but the Reds didn't change their offer, and Larkin continually rejected it.

Barry declined the contract offer.... base contract BELOW major league minimum with incentives to be able to potentially double it.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Why was this necessary, and why the hell is John Allen making baseball decisions?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Does anyone else get the impression John Allen is actually happy about this.

I know I'll root like hell for Barry no matter where he ends up.

He didn't say below.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?