Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Last Cuts -- updated 3/31

All dyslexics must untie!

Re: Last Cuts -- updated 3/31

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    I have a hunch the Reds front office will be watching the waiver wire very closely the next few days.
    Krusty you must've read my mind. From the ESPN transactions list

Boston released Terry Shumpert (pass)

Pittsburgh waived Joe Beimel (ditto)

The Marlins said "buh-bye" to Brian Banks (ask ramp about him)
    Never overlook the obvious

2. Turn Off Ads?

As of right now the backups on the bench may just be as bad as it can be, we better HOPE that the starting 8 can play 9 innings and 162 games
    Go Gators!

I am serious about this in games that Jimmy Haynes is not starting he is the Reds 2nd best pitch hitter after Pena maybe third because I think Castro might be better than him. 8^(

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4256 Hits
    I am serious about this in games that Jimmy Haynes is not starting he is the Reds 2nd best pitch hitter after Pena maybe third because I think Castro might be better than him. 8^(
    4256, so you want Haynes to do a Brooks Kieshnick in reverse? :idea: It would be interesting if, instead of DLing :haynes: to start the season, the FO sent him to the minors to learn a position.

OK...I've been AWOL. Too daggone busy and not happy about it. I've tried to keep up. Heck, i even got to listen to today's game (I was in the car and my new Acura TSX has the best AM radio--from 330 miles away, WLW was strong!).

I was wondering about Sanchez. His stats looked good and today, he couldn't get anyone out. I fear this decision. Any opinions?

Oh yeah, being AWOL means that I got a surprise when I logged on. Surely, we won't be Cubs or Dodger Blue on Opening Day...will we?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I am still trying to figure how Jacob Cruz doesn't make this team. Like others have said, this bench is ill concived. Going with 12 pitchers makes no sense to me either. If Reidling is moved to the fish, could it be for a Hollandsworth type?

Turn Off Ads?