Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunn traded to LA

Re: Dunn traded to LA

I knew it was B.S., until some Gomer had to sticky it!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Funny, GAC! I told the guy at Dairy-Mart this morning, while getting cup #1 of java, the same exact thing! He is a big fan and we tend to talk baseball when he is working. He got angry... grumbled about being fed up with the REDS management.

Then I said, April Fool's Day!" He laughed and took it well!

All dyslexics must untie!

To sell a proper AFD thread you need a dateline and several creative paragraphs. Include bogus quotes from the GM, player, etc. (I was thinking more along the lines of Jason LaRue getting dealt, but I was too lazy to seek out teams in need of a catcher and what prospects they had to offer)
    Never overlook the obvious

Not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    I knew it was B.S., until some Gomer had to sticky it!
    Surprise, surprise, surprise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

What a roller coaster ride of emotions! I'd want to shoot you :bigboom: , but I"m so relieved to have been duped that I don't care...Darn you, GAC! I have to admit my heart was in my throat. That was a good one, but don't do it again.

Time is the Revelator.

OMG THIS IS SO AWFUL WHY IS DAN O BRIEN DOING THIS?! WHO'D WE GET BACK?! ENCARNACION?!? SON OF A !! AHH21!1!~!

Oh wait.

Yeah, good one. But the new mouse over effect (on the thread title), saved me from having a heart~attack.

OMG, that hurt my heart and I thought I was gonna puke. Yikes. Whew. I'm okay now... :al_cohol: :cry2:

Coming from GAC on this day... I kind of expected it. :mhcky21:
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Have to admit the first thing I said when I came onto the site and saw "Dunn traded to LA" was s*@t!!! I didn't even remember it was April 1.

I actually felt my blood pressure go up in my head. I was so mad it was unbelievable. You are not right. It reminds me of the famous Sports Illustrated spoof that they had years ago about the pitcher for the Mets that could throw 130 MPH. I believed that too. Of course I was around 16 at the time.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

The only reason I doubted the story, even before I linked onto the thread, was the thought that if Dunn really was traded, the whole board would go down and it would be several days before I could access RedsZone. Heck,if the Reds traded Dunn, my computer might explode.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Makes all the routine posts.

got me hook. line, and sinker GAC.. good one
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

haha, funny man, funny. I was stunned when I first read it, then remembered it is April 1.

Turn Off Ads?