Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What brought you to RedsZone?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • The original migration

49 36.57%
  • Word-of-mouth

17 12.69%
  • I saw a T-shirt!

0 0%
  • Yahoo!

8 5.97%
  • Google

9 6.72%
  • Other search engine

6 4.48%
  • Other message board

31 23.13%
  • Other sports-related website

8 5.97%
  • Other

6 4.48%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How did you find/hear about RedsZone?

Re: How did you find/hear about RedsZone?

Who started the original chat room?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?
    baseballfreak23

Someone on the Reds forum at mlb.com suggested it but I must have not visited RedsZone at that time because I remember seeing it on google.

When things went to nothing but smack talk and juvenile antics on the old enquirer board, Boss and GIK stated in a thread that they were thinking about starting a new board. VERY shortly thereafter (seemed like a couple of days), they announced they started a new board. I immediately joined and never posted again at the enquirer board. Larkin Fan, rem, RFS62, Phil, Wetzel, and a whole lot of poster who were trying to make serious post joined at the same time. About a year later I think, the enquirer board callapsed under it's own weight of bs and lack of moderators. Then about a year or two later I think, the dayton board collapsed, for reasons I'm not aware of. Then we had a second wave of serious posters join; princeton, M2, etc.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reds Daily Blog has all the different Reds links and this was by far the best forum I have lurked at.

Glenn Braggs

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Who started the original chat room?
    Redliner, until Boss generated a moderated room at the RedsZone site.

About a year later I think, the enquirer board callapsed under it's own weight of bs and lack of moderators.
    IIRC the official reason was the coverage of 9/11 and how much bandwidth it took (graphics, videos) - they couldn't keep it up, also didn't they shut down all the forums, too?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    IIRC the official reason was the coverage of 9/11 and how much bandwidth it took (graphics, videos) - they couldn't keep it up, also didn't they shut down all the forums, too?
    Actually the racial discussions on the News board probably had more to do with it than anything.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Thank you for all of your responses, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NKyRedMachine
    Heard about it via the Kentucky Sports Report/Cats Pause website message board. Several UK fans from over there are here....
    A fellow KSR/Cats Pause member referred RedsZone to me a couple years ago. And I've been addicted to this place ever since. Definitely the best Reds community on the internet IMO.

Turn Off Ads?