Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I am such an idiot.

I am such an idiot.

Last night I recieved an email concerning a trade. The guy said he was interested in some players I have on the trading block. (Jose Guillen, J. Cruz Jr., and Hank Blalock). He said his only pitching untouchable was Beckett, and Soriano was available. I checked out his roster, and in need of a closer I told him I was interested in A. Benitez and Soriano. A few minutes later, he sent me a trade proposal.

Guillen and Cruz Jr, for Benitez and Soriano. I couldn't believe it. This sounded so good. I am loaded with outfield talent and I would have traded these two just for Soriano. Anyway, in my haste to complete the trade, I click process trade. A few seconds later, I realize I didn't click on accept trade first. I left it on decline. The guy has yet to reply to my emails. I feel so stupid. I hope this guy doesn't come to his senses and back away from the deal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I am such an idiot.

Why not just make the same offer back to him with a message stating what happened?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Yeah, I sent him an email after it happened and also a proposal.
    I was just worried he might change his mind. However, we have now went through with the trade. Is it possible it could be blocked or protested from another member of the league? Do you guys think this is a fair trade. The guy is really hurting for some offense. Its a 5x5 espn league.

It's an EXTREMELY unfair trade. If I was the commish of your league I would have vetoed it 2 seconds after it was accepted. I don't even think Guillen and Cruz, Jr for Soriano alone is a fair trade. You are talking about a top 5 pick (top 3 in most leagues) for two 15-20th round OF's. Does that sound even to you?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I agree that Soriano is the center piece of the trade and he is crazy for letting him go so cheap. However, he offered the trade to me. It would be unfair for them to veto it.

I also think that Guillen is geared for a great year. Cruz may also be a suprise, as he has been so far.

No, I don't think it's fair, but if it goes through, props to you.

In 1995 I traded Deion Sanders for Mike Piazza
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by adampad
    I agree that Soriano is the center piece of the trade and he is crazy for letting him go so cheap. However, he offered the trade to me. It would be unfair for them to veto it.

I also think that Guillen is geared for a great year. Cruz may also be a suprise, as he has been so far.

It would NOT be unfair for them to veto it. It doesn't matter who offered it, it is an UNFAIR trade!! I'm not saying that you shouldn't have accepted it, but don't complain if it does get vetoed. Guillen could have a good year, Cruz, too, but Cruz had a hot April last year and then faded fast. Put it this way, how would you feel if someone else in your league agreed to a trade of Alex Rodriguez and Jason Giambi for Jack Wilson and Travis Hafner? You'd be ticked off and would protest it, wouldn't you? Now what if that owner told you "well, the guy with ARod proposed the deal". Does that make you feel any better about the trade? I wouldn't think so. Like I said, if it goes through, great, but don't be upset if it doesn't.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?