Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Larson Can't Play at the Major League Level

Larson Can't Play at the Major League Level

I don't like to be negative after one loss but this one against the Brewers really hurts. With a tough 4 game road trip to Houston the Reds needed to pad their record. Larson's throw is just not acceptable. He also had an opportunity with no outs and bases loaded and couldn't drive a run in.

When is the front office going to realize that AAA and the majors are totaly different. Play Castro and be done with it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Larson Can't Play at the Major League Level

Castro makes that play!

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370
    He also had an opportunity with no outs and bases loaded and couldn't drive a run in.
    Can't really fault him there, he hit an absolute rocket to Helms. However his error did cost the team the game. Maybe he will win one with his bat soon.

Queen Christine

Amen to that.... Castro definetly would of made that play... even Freel would of made it.... I am not a Larson fan.... 2 errors is not acceptable...

Basically every single player in baseball would have made that play, I don't really see the need of saying everyone that could. Miley didn't have any options and Larson short armed it, game over.

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait we all need to breath easy and realise one game, and they will comeback tommorow. Wilson going hopefully he can go 7 innings or so. A lot of people had bad games: Larson, Graves, Lidle, Griffey, and I hate to say it Wily Mo didnt have his best game. It happens lets breath easy and go on.

Well I hope we don't have to watch long enough before he helps win one with his bat. He was a big part of the early struggles last year. When they sent him down to AAA the Reds started to make a surge. Now I'm not saying it was just him but his defense is not very good. If you remember right Aaron Boone agreed to play 2nd base and then went back to 3rd base after Larson's demotion.

I think Brandon is trying and giving everything he has, I just don't think he can get it done and why go through this when the Reds were playing so well.

How many more games are they going to loose trying to figure this out.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I feel like its only the Reds that could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory... But there are far worse teams out there.... But it still hurts alot and infuriates me to watch this little league performance by certain players...

Quote Originally Posted by SYCMiniBus
    THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait we all need to breath easy and realise one game, and they will comeback tommorow. Wilson going hopefully he can go 7 innings or so. A lot of people had bad games: Larson, Graves, Lidle, Griffey, and I hate to say it Wily Mo didnt have his best game. It happens lets breath easy and go on.

No, it's *not* one game... It's four in as many weeks. You can't give away a game a week and hope to have any kind of season.

so what would have happened if Castro had been in at 3B and made that same error? would people demand that Freel be in? or that Larson have remained in? i'm pretty sure Castro's made a throwing error before at 3B (in fact, he has one this year).
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    so what would have happened if Castro had been in at 3B and made that same error? would people demand that Freel be in? or that Larson have remained in? i'm pretty sure Castro's made a throwing error before at 3B (in fact, he has one this year).
    Castro is Manos Del Oro

Larson sucks

I would have been able to look past a mess up by Castro as he is pretty solid but Larson just stinks and should have been replaced. Hopefully Miley learned his lesson

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Castro is Manos Del Oro

Larson sucks
    and yet that answers none of the questions asked by me.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

look again

Did Castro's throwing error cost the Reds a win and first place? Face it Larson is not a money player. When has he come through in the clutch?

It's not exactly one game minibus. This is the second save Graves has blown in less than a week when he had two outs in the ninth. Graves has already blown these games:

* vs. Atlanta when he gave up game-tying hit with 2 outs in ninth inning
    * vs. Chicago when entered game with one-run lead, faced 2 batters and surrendered 2 HRs
    * vs. a pitiful Milwaukee team when he gave up a home run to probably baseball's biggest no-name.

Blame Brandon Larson for this loss, he sucks and should be shipped out ASAP, but any real closer would be able to overcome that error and finish off the next guy. Not give up 2-run bombs at the first sign of adversity.

Graves is just horrible. I'd rather have Todd Jones, Ryan Wagner or - gasp - even Todd Van Poppel in the closers' role and really no one can argue that.

Turn Off Ads?