Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Larson Can't Play at the Major League Level

Re: Larson Can't Play at the Major League Level

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Plus, I don't send anybody to the bench for Juan Castro.
    Amen to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Yeah, that they were trying to win baseball games is way too crazy a theory to possibly merit consideration.
    And that "win at all costs" theory explains why they kept running Tomko out there...?
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    And that "win at all costs" theory explains why they kept running Tomko out there...?
    I don't know about "win at all costs." That's your invention and I'm not even going to try to guess what you think it entails.

Tomko kept get running out there for two reasons: He'd been good the two previous seasons and the team didn't have anyone else. Bere and Avery actually pitched worse than he did. Neagle got injured. Guzman didn't show up until July 31 (after which Tomko rarely pitched) and Villone got banged up at the end of the season. Important to note that Brett was both demoted to the minors and banished to the pen at various times that season.

Plus, all Jack did in '99 was manage the pen like he had with the Padres in the '80s or the A's and Royals in the '70s. Really it was more a case of him not having caught up with the times than anything else. He proved a successfully stubborn in that regard.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?