Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RedsFest Cancelled for the next 2 years...

Red Flash

Re: RedsFest Cancelled for the next 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    If you have a problem abiding by the rules of the board, I'm sure some other board will be more hospitible to your passion for the 1st Amendment.
    The last line of my post was not directed to you. It was directed to a pm that I received.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Flash
    The last line of my post was not directed to you. It was directed to a pm that I received.
    And Chip's the one who (correctly) edited your post. If you had actually read the URL of the thread I messaged you about, you wouldn't be wondering why what you did was wrong.

indyfan5

Lindner and Cincy should be ashamed

Well, the season is going along great and today it's announced....

NO MORE REDSFEST.

Why? Well "supposedly" there is no room available. How can this be? How can there be no fri/sat available between mid-October and early Feb? I am willing to bet, that ole Carl is tired of paying for this event and is just stopping it. What has the Reds fans done to deserve this? If it is true that they can't get any space, how in the heck does that happen? How does the convention center NOT set aside space for 2 days? The oldest franchise and it's run like a zoo. The Reds and the City should be ashamed. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Columbus has not only Nationwide Arena, but the Greater Columbus Convention Center and Schottenstein Arena that the event could possibly be held at. Yes it is away from the Queen City, but there are a lot of Reds Fans in Columbus including myself.

As a Columbus person, I have to say that would be awesome!! Not likely but still awesome...

Also, I could see cancelling it for one year if they needed more time to prepare and deal with bureaucratic issues but two years? That's just ridiculous.
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Re: Lindner and Cincy should be ashamed

The Convention Center did not boot them...it is being renovated and the Reds say there is no other space in the area to handle it.

Was this a new post that was merged to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan5
    Well, the season is going along great and today it's announced....

NO MORE REDSFEST.

Why? Well "supposedly" there is no room available. How can this be? How can there be no fri/sat available between mid-October and early Feb? I am willing to bet, that ole Carl is tired of paying for this event and is just stopping it. What has the Reds fans done to deserve this? If it is true that they can't get any space, how in the heck does that happen? How does the convention center NOT set aside space for 2 days? The oldest franchise and it's run like a zoo. The Reds and the City should be ashamed. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    Was this a new post that was merged to this thread?
    Yeah, a couple got started. They tossed 'em together.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Yeah, a couple got started. They tossed 'em together.
    NOW it makes sense!!! :

Thanks!!!

The Northern Kentucky Convention Center in Covington has something like 110,000 square feet. Tone it down and do it.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan
    The Northern Kentucky Convention Center in Covington has something like 110,000 square feet. Tone it down and do it.
    There is a skywalk over to the hotel as well...some overflow could go there. And Adam, Austin and Brandon could walk to and from...Creek and I would be more than happy to provide security!!!! :mhcky21:

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    There is a skywalk over to the hotel as well...some overflow could go there. And Adam, Austin and Brandon could walk to and from...Creek and I would be more than happy to provide security!!!! :mhcky21:
    You'd have to for Brandon. He'd probably stub his toe and be out for the season. Or were you talking about Brandon Claussen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Dear Cindy- We checked every possible venue in Cinti. We use 190,000 sq ft. As for Us Bank -they have about 20k.The other options presented to us had faults we beleived would make for more problems than they solved.

As far as taking it out of town,that isn't practical given the 100 plus people from our staff that run the show and the fact that all the scheduling of the players is dependent upon when they tell us they can get into town and when they have to leave. Cincinnati being a hub for Delta makes that easier to accomplish,many times with only a week or 2 notice.

We didn't want to put together an event we couldn't be proud of and I realize that we were going to make some fans unhappy.

At the end of the day all of these things played into our decision to cancel until the Convention Center is finished.
    I'm sorry you are upset,but by no means do we try to make our fans unhappy.
    Thanks for your time

Cal Levy

Cal Levy
    Director of Marketing
    Cincinnati Reds
    Great American Ball Park
    100 Main St.
    Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
    Phone 513-765-7030
    Fax 513-765-7153
    E-Mail clevy@cincinnatireds.com

I wrote back and asked if they had given any thought to making the Caravan bigger and better in an effort to compensate for Redsfest going away.
    Last edited by creek14; 06-05-2004 at 06:54 PM.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Wow, I just sent that email and he already replied. Guess he doesn't know there is a game in a couple minutes.

Cindy- Not at this time

Cal
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I'm sorry you are upset,but by no means do we try to make our fans unhappy.
    Maybe they don't try to make fans unhappy, but I often wonder if they try to make fans happy.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    Maybe they don't try to make fans unhappy, but I often wonder if they try to make fans happy.
    That would cost too much money
    Go Gators!

That's bullcrap about the Delta hub at CVG. Even so, a lot of the Red's players live in Florida in the off-season and Delta offers non-stop flights from MCO (Orlando)-CMH (Port Columbus) several times a day. Most times it's a lot cheaper to fly out of CMH (Port Columbus) to Orlando or vice-versa.

Turn Off Ads?