Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Send Thug Life back to Louisville

Re: Send Thug Life back to Louisville

Wow a guy gets off of a plane 30 minutes before the game starts, gets put in mid game and struggles I bet he isnt the first person in history to struggle after a day of travel especially considering it was his 1st 2 MLB AB's of the season. That and this in general has to be one of the most amazing threads ever. "thug life"??? Is Gravey thug life?? He has more tats then Lopez does.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    They were the same guy, except Felipe could get on base a bit more.
    Well Olemdo has a cooler first name so I prefer him

And when I read thug I immediately though of Hummel, the guy is trouble
    Go Gators!

I, for one, like Felipe's tattoos.

Can someone explain the No Socks thing to me? It came up in a thread yesterday too. Didn't know the connection.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

T is for Tough
    H is for Hell
    U is for Ugly
    and
    G is for Jail, cuz everybody knows that a THUG can't spell.

For a Level Playing Field

I have to admit that when I saw Felipe last night...

The tattoos really looked "weird". I am not used to seeing MLB players with visible tattoos. NBA... yep. NFL lineman (who usually have their arms bare)... yep. College basketball players... yep. MLB players... nope.

I am sure that someone will say what about this guy or that guy. I am sure there are others, but as a lifelong REDS fan it really seemed strange. My wife even made a comment about it.... "Woah, are those tattoos? Don't see that too often in baseball."

It is Felipe's decision and I do not care. But it still seemed weird to see that (visible 'toos) on a REDS player. This is the kind of reaction you get from someone who as a kid watched the black-shoed (dorky ones too), stirrup socks pulled all the way down, no facial hair (or tattoos) Big Red Machine of the 1970's. Weird!!

I liked the tattoos, I just wished they'd be on arms that were a little more patient at the plate. But it's probably hard to be a d-lo under those circumstances...maybe with more experience he'll settle down...And no matter what the Reds look like, at least none of them have jesus hair like Johnny Damon...or worse hair like Craig Wilson...shudder...
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

ESPN Classic had the 79 series with the Pirates and Orioles. Talk about hairs styles from the pits of hell.

Curse the 70's!

Hey, if he ever learns to hit like his hype suggests he can then he can tattoo his face for all I care. Having a son with more art on his body than the Met (and one "old style" tatt myself) it doesn't bother me in the least. Tatts don't make a thug. They just encourage the narrow minded to make wisecracks.

Thanks for the fielding stats WOY - I was surprised to see that indeed, Ranier looks no better in the field when you see the numbers.

I am in the camp that sya give FeLo a chance - last night he was doubtless jet-lagged (its a long trip to Miami) and thrown in the game. I'll give the guy more than a couple at bats before I send the 'Hood Posse after him.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I don't buy the "long flight" excuse for FeLo.

I blame the "cant play at this level" excuse.

But thats just me.

Wow 2 AB's and send him down he is done, a bit pre mature don't you think.

Quote Originally Posted by SYCMiniBus
    Wow 2 AB's and send him down he is done, a bit pre mature don't you think.
    Some people wanted to cut Van Poppel before he even threw a pitch this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

FeLo may be Thug Life but he's no match for this guy
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Whatever... cat's got no tats.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Just a terrible thread. That is all.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Turn Off Ads?