Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Players I met today...

Future Reds All Star

Re: Players I met today...

Ok...Team Morris wants to take a shot at who the bad "egg" was! Three names come to mind, Kerns, Casey and Dunn ! I have heard that Kerns can be pretty grumpy but with the "kids" comment, I would have to guess Casey and I hope I am not right! I just hope all was due to a bad day!! TEll us !

Thank you SB for the great reads!! I am sorry your trip is over also! Have really enjoyed it !

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oh gosh, no, it wasn't Casey, TM... Super_Barry11 doubts he'd ever treat anyone in that manner!! The fact that she didn't see much of Sean or get to talk to him on the trip is a big disappointment for Super_Barry11. She was really looking forward to meeting him, since he's her 2nd favorite current Red.

Super_Barry11 would really rather not say who the unfriendly player was, because she doesn't want to taint anyone's perception of him. You never know, he could have had a terrible tummyache or perhaps he heard his dog had died that morning. Super_Barry11 is hoping that the whole incident was a fluke and that his personality is much better than she experienced!!!

Thanks for the nice replies (and not making fun of how Super_Barry11 looks in the pics... She's got the whole "deer in the headlights" look down perfectly, doesn't she??)
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Tay is jealous of SB and hopes to take a similar trip in the future. Awesome pics and stories to go with them!

Tay also thinks the guy in the background of the Freel picture looks just a tad like Kearns.
    :bong:

Great series of reports, SB. It was great 'seeing' the whole experience through your eyes. It was very refreshing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rem

Sounds like a great vacation.

I bet you could fetch some top $$$'s for that Phil Norton autograph.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Glad you had a good time, SB!!

And as for protecting the identity of the jerk. Out him. He deserves it. And I say that even though I think it was probably Adam.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Glad you had a good time, SB!!

And as for protecting the identity of the jerk. Out him. He deserves it. And I say that even though I think it was probably Adam.
    Me too, Creek. And it really pains me, because I'm so crazy about him as a player (and as a man ). But I think he's proven more than once to be waaaaay cocky to fans when he's out and about.

It actually surprises me, being that he reporteddly comes from such a down-to-earth family. I guess he's forgotten how to be humble, or perhaps he never was. He's so well liked by his teammates that's it's a shame his fan demeanor may become tainted by his behavior.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 06-26-2004 at 09:04 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Dunn was a jerk when they were still at Riverfront...so it would not be any shock if it were him. :thumbdn:

I hope he gets undie rott for being mean to our girl...ya know, if it was him! :

I just wish he wouldn't be like that... if it was him.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Just an outstanding thread, Super Barry. We're all very happy for you.

:GAC:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Future Reds All Star

We are still waiting SB! Spill it !

Aww geez... Guess I'm really gonna hafta say it... Ok, here it is- Mr. Cranky Pants was Adam Dunn.

The more I think about it, the more I realize just how lucky I was that only one player and one announcer were rude to me (Dunn and Chris Welsh). I think it's amazing that all those players, plus Miley and Brennaman, were so wonderful and accommodating. I never thought that this was possible, but I think I'm pulling for the Reds now even HARDER than before, just because meeting so many of them made such a difference in my life.

As for Mr. Dunn, I really hope that maybe I caught him at a bad time and that he treats other fans better than he treated me. If he isn't going to sign, that's fine. However, I feel it is totally unnecessary to be rude to polite fans. I usually only have one Reds poster up in my dorm room (Dunn), but I think I'm going to have to find a replacement, cause looking at the poster of Adam makes me sad.
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Nope, he has been rude several times so it looks to just be his arrogance. He has no reason for the arrogance at this point.

Dunn is now on my list :thumbdn:

Get a poster of Casey SB, the nice one
    Go Gators!

Or maybe a poster of Barry? (Why no Barry poster to start with?)

Turn Off Ads?