Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homer Bailey agrees to a contract; $2.3M bonus

Re: Homer Bailey agrees to a contract

Very good news!

I tell ya, I've heard his HS stats a number of times, yet they still make me a little woozy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Time is the Revelator.

What a fantastic day for news...

Larson to the DL [maybe. Atleast hes hurt and cant play]. Clausen to start Thursday. And Bailey agrees to a contract!
    Last edited by LvJ; 07-18-2004 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    What a fantastic day for news...

Larson to the DL [maybe. Atleast hes hurt and cant play]. Clausen to start Thursday. And Bailey agrees to a contract!
    I do not like Brandon Larson the player. I do not know Brandon Larson the person.
    It really sickens me to read how some people on this board welcome people getting injured. It is never a fantastic day when someone gets hurt and I hope that nobody would ever rejoice to see you injured LvJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Bad news for the folks who were thinking/hoping the Reds wouldn't sign him so they could jump on DanO, Allen and Lindner.
    Yeah cause Heaven knows there isn't anything else they have done/do/will do to warrant jumping on them about
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Yeah cause Heaven knows there isn't anything else they have done/do/will do to warrant jumping on them about
    Yep, until the Reds spend $100M on payroll, they're fair game.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

Quote Originally Posted by guernsey
    Yep, until the Reds spend $100M on payroll, they're fair game.
    For the life of me, I will never understand why you get snippy whenever someone doesn't kiss the FO butt. You love them, I don't. Move on. It's not the end of the world.

Oh and find a thread where I said they need to spend 100 million.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

When it comes to being snippy, read your own post, honey.

As for my love of the FO, find one post where I profess to love them. I just don't see the point in writing 5,000+ posts bashing them.

On the topic of moving on, perhaps you should.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

Quote Originally Posted by guernsey
    When it comes to being snippy, read your own post, honey.

As for my love of the FO, find one post where I profess to love them. I just don't see the point in writing 5,000+ posts bashing them.

On the topic of moving on, perhaps you should.
    Could be because they've done about 5,000 things that deserve bashing and maybe 3 worthy of praise. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. :mhcky21:
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Great news on this signing. 9 of the first 10 drafted by the Reds this year will now be signed, correct?

Come on people no fighting in a positive thread
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Come on people no fighting in a positive thread
    How dare you call this positive! The audacity of KronoRed! I'm appalled. That money could have been better used on bringing Jeff Shaw out of retirement! C'mon Krono, even you have to believe that! :mhcky21:
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I honestly don't feel the bashing of DanO is warranted. He's made a few decisions I find a little odd, but overall he's been pretty good for this team. I agree with Chip on this one, the bashing of DanO on this situation was beyond absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    How dare you call this positive! The audacity of KronoRed! I'm appalled. That money could have been better used on bringing Jeff Shaw out of retirement! C'mon Krono, even you have to believe that! :mhcky21:

**bashes sava with a chair**

Better?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    **bashes sava with a chair**

Better?
    Much. Thanks!

It'll be interesting to see what kind of bonus he got. There was only a $50,000 difference between picks #5 and #9.

And Gruler's only throwing mid-80s? He's still got a long way back if that's the case. Until he can work in the 90s again, he's not a prospect.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?