Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

If Kerry ends up winning this thing, I think I would rather take a bullet to the head to protect him than to have John Edwards take over.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

"It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    If Kerry ends up winning this thing, I think I would rather take a bullet to the head to protect him than to have John Edwards take over.
    OK. That's twice you've made a comment like this about John Edwards. What is it you don't like about the guy. I've always liked him. What am I missing?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Just got home from voting.

Voted for George W. Bush and Dick Cheney and Johnny Isakson for Zell Miller's open Senate seat.

I am now going to drink heavily for the rest of the day.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

It's funny that you post that pedro, have you ever seen the "White House Project?"

It's an interesting group, dedicated to getting a woman elected to positions of power, specifically the White House, no matter what her stripes are.

http://www.thewhitehouseproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    OK. That's twice you've made a comment like this about John Edwards. What is it you don't like about the guy. I've always liked him. What am I missing?
    I'm not Red Leader, but I'll give my opinion anyway. In no way do I feel that Edwards is near ready to run the country if it becomes neccessary.

Ok. As the day progresses, I now remember why I simply hate all day election coverage.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Having to listen to pundits on both side make predictions, quote polls, while still making "hits" on the other side, thinking they are gonna convince anyone at this late stage, is simply ridiculous.

I've been bouncing around from Fox to CNN to MSNBC.

And I'm tired of hearing the media trying to create (or feed) the frenzy (like it's OJ's trial) of.... will this election end today?.... will there be massive voter fraud? And then they jump on these "breaking news" stories of possible fraud or irregularities around the country.

But listening to Geraldine Ferraro and Tom Daschle already on the airwaves screaming of Republican fraud and disenfranchisement has made me turn the TV off, and take a nap, until tonight.

Wake me up when Nader wins! :mhcky21:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Barbie didn't make the ballot here in Oregon.

The dreaded Lesbian Lobby is mighty powerful here in Mullet County.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    You're right - thats awesome to see. People can make fun of the WWE, MTV and P. Diddy, but if they are getting young adults to vote then I say good for them!!

Yeah, get them to vote right after pummeling them with pro-Kerry speakers and the like.

VOTE (Kerry) or DIE
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    It's funny that you post that pedro, have you ever seen the "White House Project?"

It's an interesting group, dedicated to getting a woman elected to positions of power, specifically the White House, no matter what her stripes are.

http://www.thewhitehouseproject.org/
    that's pretty cool. politics is too dominated by men.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan
    Yeah, get them to vote right after pummeling them with pro-Kerry speakers and the like.

VOTE (Kerry) or DIE
    i think you got that wrong. isn't bush's slogan

VOTE (Kerry) AND DIE

?????

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan

VOTE (Kerry) or DIE
    Dude, whatever. If young adults are voting now (and I don't care who they vote for now cause their views very well might change once they get older, with families and jobs), but if young people are voting now then it increases the chances of them staying politically active throughout their lives. I, for one, think that is awesome. So if it takes the WWE registering their fans, or MTV saying Rock the Vote, or P. Diddy saying Vote or Die, and all those people vote for Bush (hypothecially speaking as I am a Kerry supporter) I would still say it rocks for the aforementioned reasons.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Hey, that's the name of my parent's pekingnese dog, the most annoying dog on this planet, whom I refer to as my little brother since my parents treat the pooch like its their child.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Its a personal thing. I have 15 members of my family that are either doctors or pharmaceutical reps. They are deathly afraid of what he could do to their way of living if he were to take over as President. Personally, he doesn't directly effect my way of living, I just think he is a lier and a snake based on research I have done on him and I do not believe he would make even a good President should he fall into that.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?