Thread: Your "I just don't get it" list

Glenn Braggs

Re: Your "I just don't get it" list

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    I just don't get:
    The Simpsons
    Lord of the Rings
    Harry Potter (books and/or movies)
    And your weird-score in that other thread was like what ?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    I just don't get:

I especially don't get why an engaged couple, who own a house together and have lived in it for years, need to register for every possible kitchen appliance when they get married.
    Because if my wife and I wouldn't have registered all that stuff, we'd still be cooking food over an open flame and poking it with a stick.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    Because if my wife and I wouldn't have registered all that stuff, we'd still be cooking food over an open flame and poking it with a stick.
    And ... that's a problem? :

Nice list Macro. Among the things I don't get:

Nascar. I have to deal with traffic all day. Why would I watch yet more cars going around in a circle on my day off?

Golf. Very boring. And I have to listen to SportsCenter and hear about them as if they are athletes? No way. Golf is just recreation like bowling.

Fear Factor. Ok so they are eating worms. And why should that entertain me?

Aerosmith. They had a nice run in the late 70's. Then comes the new "MTV Aerosmith" where every song sounds the same.

New Orleans. It's dirty and smells like stale beer and urine. Give me Vegas any day.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Snow camping
    I used to love it. Not bitter, bitter cold, but enough to appreciate the fire. The crowds aren't there and the deer are. Coleman lantern and a good book.

A bonus weekend would include another body for warmth.

I was nutty enough to go ice fishing too. Sometimes I'd go by myself. Nothing weirder than walking out on a desolate pond and hearing the eery creaking and crackling of the ice.
    Last edited by TeamCasey; 12-18-2004 at 03:12 PM.

I don't get:

Why Britney Spears is popular. She's trash, and there are plenty of other pretty girls in the world.

NASCAR, same reason as Phoenix.

Wanting to live in a cold weather climate

People who are mean to homeless people

Not wanting to be employed

Cats. Why do people want these as pets. They only want to be around you like 30 seconds a day and the rest of the time they look at you like you're invading their privacy.

Oprah. Just don't get why she's so poplular, she's rude to most of her average audience members from what I've seen. Even the ones she does stuff for, she's acts like she'd rather not do it.

Michael Jackson. You make me believe in aliens.

"Designer" purses: Why in the hell would you spend $600 on a purse? You can buy one that looks similar for $40.

Phish. Never understood the attraction. Decent instrumental play, but lyrics are terrible and the concert atmosphere sucks.

Sushi and caviar. Raw fish and fish eggs? Ich. I'll take mine beer battered over and open flame by the cabin, thanks.

I'm going to wrap it up now. I could go on, and on, and on, but I won't.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Anti-intellectualism--(this message brought to you in part by: Fleming, Einstein, Godel, Aristotle, Plato, Michelangelo, Kant, Schiller, Goethe, Duns Scotus, Thomas More, Martin Luther King Jr, Gandhi, Ben Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, St. Augustine, Henry Clay, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Dante, Watson, Crick, Rosalind Franklin, Virginia Woolf, Marie Curie, Sappho, Eleanor Roosevelt)
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Bottled Water.

Non-Alcohol Beer.

Decaf Coffee

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Soap Operas

Professional Wrestling
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Cats. Why do people want these as pets. They only want to be around you like 30 seconds a day and the rest of the time they look at you like you're invading their privacy.
    I was never a cat person. Really wasn't. I'm all about having a yellow lab some day. We raised Labs as working dogs. (Well, my dad did until we pampered the heck out of them.)

Only 2 cats I ever cared about Tammy Fay Baker .... shortened to Baker once I learned HIS true identity. Don't know his history or his age. Homely son of a gun. Interesting how he came to adopt me as his human. Awesome shelter cat .... good mouser, great companion. Big fat orange sloth. Rest in peace .... the chipmunk tricked you. I know the truth.

Current cat. Cannot get close enough to you. She acts like a puppy. Hikes through the woods with me. Sprawls out against my back at night. My biological heating pad. My living shawl. I just learned that she likes my chili. That's cool!

(Nice thing about cats is that you can leave them for a weekend, unlike dogs where you have to stop home before you go out.)

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Non-Alcohol Beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Bottled Water.
    :MandJ: Good ones!

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Decaf Coffee
    Had to switch to half caff, or I'm frightenly edgy by noon.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

"Seinfeld"
    "Friends"
    "Everybody Loves Raymond" (I don't)
    blogging
    eschewing fluoridation
    habañero pepper products
    not signaling turns (Good call, folks! )

Honestly, I can't find anything to disagree with in the original list. These just happen to float near the top of my list.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?