Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What do you people want??

Re: What do you people want??

Pedro,

A simian trained in service and discretion could improve the lot of us all.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Pedro,

A simian trained in service and discretion could improve the lot of us all.

and talk about "magic" in the clubhouse!
    School's out. What did you expect?

I want a solid #1 starter also. But why can't teams like the Reds, and so many others, afford them? That is the question that MLB should be addressing.

Where did all the available #1 starters end up this winter? Did the Reds, or any of the other teams even have a chance of obtaining them?

The improvements to this BP will go a long way to helping this team.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

PinchRunner

It's one thing to add some players to key need positions. It's another to actually add high-caliber talent.
    Now I do think some of these moves are improvements over last season. But, it'd be nice to get a few marquee players instead of always going the low-budget and/or over-the-hill route.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    what about a Monkey Butler? would that be too much to ask?

Have I mentioned today how much I love dressed-up monkeys?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

What do I want?..................

Just Win Baby!
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    Not me.
    Seriously? I can respect your opinion, but do you think Ortiz isn't going to outperform one of Clausen, Hancock, Hudson, or Harang?

That's where his value lies. I can say with 100% confidence that at least one of those youngsters is going to be a complete disaster. I'm glad we're not commited to putting all 4 in the rotation. I hope DanO can bring in another vet starting pitcher.. because if we only have to use two of those youngster candidates, that would be good. We'd have a chance for 2 of them to be passable next year.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I want a solid #1 starter also. But why can't teams like the Reds, and so many others, afford them? That is the question that MLB should be addressing.

Where did all the available #1 starters end up this winter? Did the Reds, or any of the other teams even have a chance of obtaining them?

The improvements to this BP will go a long way to helping this team.
    I won't argue the point that MLB needs to address the revenue disparity among teams. You are completely right in that respect.

On the other hand, I think that the reason that the #1 starters ended up with larger market teams is that the small market teams think with small minds. The Reds could have afforded Clement. They chose to take the small market route and sign several lesser players instead of one really good one. Would it have made a difference for 2005? Probably not, but Graves comes off the books after next year. Larue and Jimenez will not be around for 2006, either. There is the money for another top flight starter. Now you have two. Hopefully, a Claussen, Gardner or Paully would be ready to do some good things by then, too.

Seriously? I can respect your opinion, but do you think Ortiz isn't going to outperform one of Clausen, Hancock, Hudson, or Harang?
    I think he will outperform them but he doesn't get us into the post-season, now or in the future. Pass.
    Last edited by Rojo; 12-23-2004 at 04:26 PM.

All dyslexics must untie!

What do they want? Cue the "Cheer's" theme music

"You want a place where people know, so much about the game
    ...you want to go where everybody can complain"
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    What do they want? Cue the "Cheer's" theme music

"You want a place where people know, so much about the game
    ...you want to go where everybody can complain"

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

a three handled family credenza?

maybe a yellow bellied sneech?

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    I love it when people complain before they see the whole picture.
    and the whole picture is ???

Losing??? oh, i get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by cReds1
    and the whole picture is ???

Losing??? oh, i get the point.

no. the "whole picture" is the team that is on the field when the season starts. there is still a lot of time for DanO to makes moves. whether he will, or if so, if those moves are any good is another story......

Turn Off Ads?