Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I realize this is two days late, but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I realize this is two days late, but

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Marshall-59
    WVU-55

WVU has lost two straight after starting out 11-0. Marshall on the other hand is 3-10.

Im a UK fan, but anytime WVU loses at something this embarrassing.

Oh, and the Marshall girls won too :allovrjr:
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Re: I realize this is two days late, but

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Marshall-59
    WVU-55

WVU has lost two straight after starting out 11-0. Marshall on the other hand is 3-10.

Didn't you say, WVRed, "gotta hate the ACC" in another thread? Yes, yes, I believe you did.

Now that I realize you are a UK fan let me just say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA North Carolina smoked Kentucky already this year!!!

Wooooooohooooooooo, Go Heels!!!

P.S. - no political talk in this thread, so you're not allowed to mention the whole Bush Kerry thrashing.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Didn't you say, WVRed, "gotta hate the ACC" in another thread? Yes, yes, I believe you did.

Now that I realize you are a UK fan let me just say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA North Carolina smoked Kentucky already this year!!!

Wooooooohooooooooo, Go Heels!!!

P.S. - no political talk in this thread, so you're not allowed to mention the whole Bush Kerry thrashing.
    Yes, yes I did. The ACC, which is IMO the most overhyped conference in both football and basketball.

What can I say? UK is a young team. Carolina had a ton of experience on their side, and it showed. IMO, had Felton stayed in the game, it would have eventually been a blowout.

But since you decided to talk smack-

1-3-04=UK-61, UNC-56
    12-7-02=UK-98, UNC-81
    12-8-01=UK-79, UNC-59

Back to the subject at hand-

Why Greg White wasnt fired earlier is beyond me. The guy never did anything to build on Donovans success. I was hoping that Marshall would have hired Reggie Hanson(or the other UK assistant, UK has been good to Marshall if you look at Donovan) over Ron Jirsa. I dont know that Jirsa ever really got a chance at Georgia, since they went with Jim Harrick, but he isnt doing too great at Marshall.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Marshall-59
    WVU-55

I'm glad Marshall won, but I can't get very excited about a 3-10 team. This has not been a vintage year for Herd athletics, given the basketball team's play and the disappointing football season.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Glad to see them beat West Virginia, anytime, but 3-10? Just awful. Pains me to see a once proud program fall to the level it has. I remember going to Memorial Field House as a kid, (saw them beat St. Johns, Mississippi and Mississippi St. there. The Marshall Memorial Invitational Tournament was one of the most respected holiday tournaments in the nation.) and then at the Henderson Center when Rick Huckaby was coaching. Electric atmosphere's for college basketball. Should have hired Mike D'Antoni when they had the chance. Look what he's doing in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    Glad to see them beat West Virginia, anytime, but 3-10? Just awful. Pains me to see a once proud program fall to the level it has. I remember going to Memorial Field House as a kid, (saw them beat St. Johns, Mississippi and Mississippi St. there. The Marshall Memorial Invitational Tournament was one of the most respected holiday tournaments in the nation.) and then at the Henderson Center when Rick Huckaby was coaching. Electric atmosphere's for college basketball. Should have hired Mike D'Antoni when they had the chance. Look what he's doing in Phoenix.
    I agree. MU basketball has never recovered from the NCAA sanctions imposed as a result of violations committed during Huckaby's tenure.
    Everytime there has been a vacancy for the MU basketball coach's position D'Antoni has been mentioned by the fans as a candidate, but for some reason D'Antoni has never even been interviewed for the job. I don't understand it. A mid-major school such as Marshall generally can never keep a good coach for long unless the coach already has ties to the school, as witnessed by Billy Donovan leaving MU after only a couple of years. The only reason Marshall has been able to keep Bob Pruett as its football coach is that he's a Marshall grad who already has his dream job. D'Antoni would seem to be a natural to me.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?