Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Sully to Chi Sox with $$$ For PTBNL

Any word, or the latest word on the PTBNL for Sully?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Any word, or the latest word on the PTBNL for Sully?
    10 pages worth.

Originally posted by Raisor
    Over Sullivan's last 131 innings (all of last year, and this year to date) he has an ERA of 5.02

He's thrown over 650 innings since the beginning of the 97 season, which is a ton for a middle reliever.

Risk vs Cost.
    Here is the thing I guess that kind of bugs me about these numbers and the complaints about Sullivan. He was hit hard with the ball that caused an injury, yet continued to pitch even though he was hurt. He made adjustments, that created other problems for himself. He eventually had to give in to is injuries. The guy gives it his all. Could he be through, perhaps. I like what I saw recently out of him. This could be really something if he comes back at a cheaper salary.

That being said, I still want to see what Hummel is like.

Ryan the Reds Fan
    The last I saw is that Hummel will be with the Reds organization on Tuesday.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thx Coug

Originally posted by Raisor
    Over Sullivan's last 131 innings (all of last year, and this year to date) he has an ERA of 5.02

He's thrown over 650 innings since the beginning of the 97 season, which is a ton for a middle reliever.

Risk vs Cost.
    It all depends on how you paint the numbers though..
    Sully had an awful 2002 (I apologize for misidentifying his worse season early, that wasn't intentional).. But he's been solid this year.. true, this year is a small sample size..

I haven't put a whole lot of TV time into watching the Reds this year. I guess a key thing for me (if the decision was up to me), would be to watch how Sully is throwing.. look back through the logs.. He hasn't given up a lot of hits this year.. that would seem to indicate his stuff is pretty good this season.. which would lead me to believe he has at least one more good year left..
    I mean, if he was getting lit up like Haynes, I'd be more concerned.

That said, I can understand the reasoning that some of you have that Sully might be a ticking time bomb.. Just respectfully disagree.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

CQ's right.

Sullivan's game log from 2002:

link

Before Sullivan came in at Milwaukee on 5/13/02, he had a 2.13 ERA in 25.1 innings.

Then he took a line drive off the elbow, I believe...

Turn Off Ads?