Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M2/Guernsey Bet On the 2005 Reds Team ERA

Re: Additional Info from Jayson Stark - Milton/Ortiz

I was hoping to get a ski vacation out of you. I consider sports bets infantile by nature and I figured I might as well cash in on it.

But I can't argue with giving your money to a charitable cause. 4.23 and $100 it is.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I consider sports bets infantile by nature and I figured I might as well cash in on it.
    I'm so flattered that you climbed down off your high horse long enough to engage in an infantile pursuit with little ole me.

But I still can't decide if your arrogance is exceeded by your pompousness, or whether they are both trumped by your condescension.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

Quote Originally Posted by guernsey
    I'm so flattered that you climbed down off your high horse long enough to engage in an infantile pursuit with little ole me.

But I still can't decide if your arrogance is exceeded by your pompousness, or whether they are both trumped by your condescension.
    It's the latter for sure. Now thank me for my patronization of you and your adorable little wager. I hope you'll learn a valuable object lesson from it which leads to your betterment in the future.

Porkchop Sandwiches

M2,

In case you didn't realize, based on your own pitching dependent theory, in the midst of this measuring match between guernsey and yourself, you are betting against the Reds success.

Would this not be a conflict between what you want and what you believe?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

You improve a pitching staff 1 pitcher at a time.

NO, we don't have a primo pitching staff led by 3 aces.

But it's better than last. Quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo
    M2,

In case you didn't realize, based on your own pitching dependent theory, in the midst of this measuring match between guernsey and yourself, you are betting against the Reds success.

Would this not be a conflict between what you want and what you believe?
    Hell yeah. Yet another reason why I think sports bets are infantile. I'd love for the Reds to do better than a 4.23 ERA. I don't think they will and am perfectly willing to debate the finer points of that, but apparently that means nothing unless I'm willing to put money on it. On the bright side, on the extremely remote chance the Reds get under that mark I'll be pleased as punch when I pay up.

In the meantime I get the infinite chuckles that come over me when guernsey puts on his mad cow act.

Turn Off Ads?