Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day Game Thread

Re: Opening Day Game Thread

Holy Cow. Vasquez can't get anyone out in Arizona. He's out after an inning and a third. 7-0 Cubs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    they meant future teammate

I'm thinking they were never teammates. Correct.

Griffey was traded for Cameron, Tomko and others. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    exactly, as I said that he might when they were overchallenging him last year. I don't want to be right again, so I'm happy with today

you take steps to make sure that he doesn't overthrow, again. It doesn't mean that he won't. But you give a good player the chance to become very good. With young relief pitchers, it means that you work 'em up. Right now, he's still thinking about last year, and needs to get it out of his mind.

Reds were too fast with Wagner last year. Don't repeat it.
    As they have been with most of their pitchers the last several years,...not that they've had many to do it with. Weathers, Mercker, Weber and Ortiz were signed not only as pitchers that can perform better than what we had last year, but so that we can bring our younger pitchers along properly.

Wagner is still only 22 years old, the second youngest pitcher on the 40-man roster.
    Last edited by Eric_Davis; 04-04-2005 at 05:49 PM.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    /r/reds

Here is pic of "The Bounce" from today that is now my desktop pic

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/photos...meId=250404117

Damn that was fun. More!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I'm drained.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

April 3,2005

Santo Alcala

"Re: Predictions for Reds/Mets tomorrow.
    3-2 Reds. Pedro shuts us out for six innings, tires in the 7th in the middle of a ralley and the good guys take advantage of a weak Mets' bullpen. Aurilia or Randa with the game winning rbi."

Great prediction Santo. Now we expect you to do this before every game.

I'd like to quote a friend when I say, "This was the most important game of the season."
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    I'd like to quote a friend when I say, "This was the most important game of the season."
    Are you channeling Edskin?

Ya' know, I tought I just saw Adam Dunn hit two HRs in a game, both of them with runners on base. That can't possibly be right. He's not a clutch hitter at all.

And the Reds had 16 strikeouts to only 3 for the Mets, yet the Reds outscored them. Are we in the twighlight zone or something?

As soon as I saw Weathers in the game, I knew it spelled trouble.
    Last edited by MWM; 04-04-2005 at 06:06 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    Here is pic of "The Bounce" from today that is now my desktop pic
    Makes for a good wallpaper doesn't it? I agree with RFS62, I'm drained.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Ya' know, I tought I just saw Adam Dunn hit two HRs in a game, bith of them with runners on base. That can't possibly be right. He's not a clutch hitter at all.
    He did strike out twice.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    He did strike out twice.

So he obviously must not be a good hitter. Trade the bum!

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I'm sure Adam was just trying to make contact in the 9th to move Kearns to second.

And astute observation from Raisor on the Mets sacrificing and costing themselves at least one run and maybe more.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?