Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonelong's 4th annual Season W/L prediction thread ...

Re: Gonelong's 4th annual Season W/L prediction thread ...

78-84

2. Turn Off Ads?

88-74 - Wild Card.

This team IMHO is loads better than last year. We went into last year with Jimmie Haynes as our No. 1 starter for starts. What a difference. This time around we have Milton, Ortiz, Wilson, Harang, and Claussen or Hudson. Much better. We have a full time third baseman who is not a superstar, bu,t consistent. We have an outfield that is the envy of everyone.

It might all blow up (notice no mention of "Gravy" here), but it looks good for opening day.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Good points WV.

I could be wrong, but I think Joe Randa is going to be one player that is going to surprise many. I know he is getting older and he has never been a dominating player, but I think he is going to step things up this year.

72-90

Just a hunch, but I expect the pitching to be not much better than last year and I don't know that we'll get repeat performancesfrom the likes of Freel and Wily Mo. Plus, they've played on the good side of Pythageras for a couple of years now, so the law of averages makes me believe they'll be on the other side of it this year. I expect a slightly better run differential than last year, but a worse record. Excuse me while I get fitted for a flack jacket. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

You don't need the jacket when it comes to me, although I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the situation.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    What the heck, I'm feeling optimistic ... 74-88.
    Me too.....80-82
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

No need for a flak jacket. I've never seen someone get on another about an estimate on a thread like this.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

77-85

10 game Pythag Win gain over last season.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

All the SABR guys are hedging towards a sub - .500 team...that should tell me something

87-75

And MWM, nothing wrong with what you said there bro. To each their own. Though I would like to point out, that, while you can never expect Jr. to stay healthy, Ears was out most of the season, and at least we have a ML 3B

79-83

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    All the SABR guys are hedging towards a sub - .500 team...that should tell me something
    And the grand irony is that we're all projecting improvement.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

83-79

Winning season would be nice...

Worth The Wait

What the heck, I'm feeling optimistic ... 74-88.
    M2-- I love it

You know, the grass is greening, the birds are chirping, hope springs eternal. And yet, Lindner and co. still garner these kinds of quotes. Very funny though!

75-87
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

84-78
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Turn Off Ads?